Car & Bike Is Fazer a good bike for traffic?

kamer

Disciple
Hi guys. I am going to buy a new bike soon. I am really confused between FZ-S and Fazer. I need the bike for city commuting mainly, rarely going beyond 60 kmph. I know FZ is better for cutting through traffic but the looks of Fazer are just killing!! I needed to know if Fazer is really bad for traffic (standalone- please dont compare it with other bikes). Also I would be travelling 22-25 km daily (to and fro office) and at times a pillion (on weekends) :D I am 5'4.5'' and 80 kgs. Would Fazer be a good bike for me? I stay in M\/mb@i- T0wns1d3.

Having driven for almost 6 months...I am pretty satisfied with my Fazer. FS-S, FZ16 and Fazer have same 153cc engine so mileage and pick up is same. I don't find any problem in riding Fazer in traffic...cutting through traffic needs driving skills :)

I went for Fazer instead of FZ16 & FZ-S because I liked the killer looks...it's a head turner for sure...go for it...you won't be disappointed :)

^ I have the exact same query and was about to PM you mate to ask you about the performance of Fazer, after seeing your showoff thread.

Anyway the difference I could gather between FZ16/S and Fazer is the aerodynamic fairing upfront which Yamaha claims that they've wind tunnel tested it, to avoid wind blasts in highway speeds and a more upright seating position for relaxed ride. The difference between price is about 5k. Me too thinking of going for Fazer now. :D

arun687 said:
^ I have the exact same query and was about to PM you mate to ask you about the performance of Fazer, after seeing your showoff thread.

Anyway the difference I could gather between FZ16/S and Fazer is the aerodynamic fairing upfront which Yamaha claims that they've wind tunnel tested it, to avoid wind blasts in highway speeds and a more upright seating position for relaxed ride. The difference between price is about 5k. Me too thinking of going for Fazer now. :D

Yes, the fairing helps a lot on highway...it helps in stabilizing the bike from wind tunnels caused due to heavy vehicles coming from opposite side on highway...and Fazer's handle bar is little bit higher than FZ16/FZ-S which gives a more comfortable position to ride...go for it...you will love your bike for sure...

^ Thanks guys. Your replies are reassuring as only thing bothering me a little was Fazer seemed a little overpriced compared to competition. But then you get what you pay for, like gorgeous looks, massive rear tubeless radial, monocross suspension etc. I'm not after raw performance but for comfortable ride and good handling, Fazer provides that. :)

Fazer is a very good commuter.i have always liked a tourer, for the ease of travel.

IMO you should go with the fazer or get a zmr if your budget permits.both Great bikes in traffic.

i've driven fazer in bangalore's traffic with ease.... you just need to be used to the bike... no doubt fz is a better bike if you drive in city condition but if you love the looks get the fazer as i did... the mileage you will get is around 35-40...

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Went to book my bike yesterday. Damn irritating experience. I dont have a permanent address in Mumbai. For registration, i gave them a copy of my passport, PAN Card, Voter ID... all registered to my native address and a copy of the rental agreement. They are like- Do you have a electricity bill in your name at the address you are staying.... I said no.. Any bank a/c by that address... no.... Sorry, you cant buy a bike :no: I am like:huh: People who do not have a permanent address in Mumbai cant buy a vehicle!!!!! :mad: They said rules are rules. I now need to open a bank a/c with my current address, get a letter from my firm's HR stating i work there and my address is bla bla....Give them a copy of electricity bill with the name of owner as per my rental agreement.. And passport copy attested (notary). Then they will get my vehicle registered via WAP (Without Address Proof).... :mad:... Insane I say... Taking almost all docs I have and registering my vehicle via WAP!!! Guess I will have to wait for my vehicle. Will take time to open bank a/c and all... :( What an experience... Imagine.... Even passport is not a valid document if its not issued in Mumbai!!! A document issued by GOI after so much verification!!!!!

kamer said:
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Went to book my bike yesterday. Damn irritating experience. I dont have a permanent address in Mumbai. For registration, i gave them a copy of my passport, PAN Card, Voter ID... all registered to my native address and a copy of the rental agreement. They are like- Do you have a electricity bill in your name at the address you are staying.... I said no.. Any bank a/c by that address... no.... Sorry, you cant buy a bike :no: I am like:huh: People who do not have a permanent address in Mumbai cant buy a vehicle!!!!! :mad: They said rules are rules. I now need to open a bank a/c with my current address, get a letter from my firm's HR stating i work there and my address is bla bla....Give them a copy of electricity bill with the name of owner as per my rental agreement.. And passport copy attested (notary). Then they will get my vehicle registered via WAP (Without Address Proof).... :mad:... Insane I say... Taking almost all docs I have and registering my vehicle via WAP!!! Guess I will have to wait for my vehicle. Will take time to open bank a/c and all... :( What an experience... Imagine.... Even passport is not a valid document if its not issued in Mumbai!!! A document issued by GOI after so much verification!!!!!

WTF, i have white r15 which is my 2nd and current bike. my first bike was karizma r which i sold off. they never asked for so much of documents. just a voter card is enough here in kolkata and hero honda asked a ration card additional to the voter card. and i directly did not went to register the bike, in both the cases i gave the bike to the showroom and they took it to register it which is only 2hour process. i think you need to look out for a different showroom.

BTW, are you trying to purchase the bike in cash or credit?

Whatever kamer is saying is true...vehicle registration rules are strict in Mumbai...no other show room can help...he will have to produce a valid address proof of Mumbai...I've been there...experienced that...

Maybe the recent spate of blasts happening with the vehicle being a 2 wheeler might have added the documentation.
Guess you have to bear that.

Mumbai?

Its all over india. I just bought a new bike to use back in tvm 2 months ago, a p220. I was planning for classic 500, Karizma also. Enfield, Hero, Bajaj all asked for Add proof docs. If u dont have one, then only way is what @kamer is saying, varies to location.

Had to pick bajaj again coz of ridiculous waiting period of bullet(5month), Karizma(1month). :mad:.

More strict if on Loan. Else telephone bill(postpaid mobile also works) and a HR letter is enough if not permanent resident.

For me just the voters ID.

^^ that's actually not that insane.when I purchased my r15 I had to wait like 3 months as well.

My friend also Had to wait for 3 to 4 Months for karizma.

The only time I didn't have to wait was when I bought my pulsar 150.got it in 2 weeks!

Long waiting period for RE is not uncommon at all. I'm not sure but someone told me he has been given a waiting period of a year (10 months or something) for RE Classic 350 here in Navi Mumbai.

Back