Budget 25-30k Is Galaxy Note 9 still good

I am thinking of buying a second hand or a refurbished Galaxy Note 9. Is that smartphone still good and worth purchasing?
I am getting offers for 21k from OLX people

Thanks for the advice. Yes when I meet that supplier I will check the condition of that phone and if its brand new condition with zero scratch only then I will buy it.
But my question still remains the same? Is it still a good smartphone?

My wife doesn't care if it can have the latest android upgrade. All that matters is, good camera, good screen, sound quality and something that she can use for at least 3 years.
I was thinking of Note 10 Plus, but those phones are still expensive with price ranging from 35K to 50K

Thanks for the advice. Yes when I meet that supplier I will check the condition of that phone and if its brand new condition with zero scratch only then I will buy it.
But my question still remains the same? Is it still a good smartphone?

My wife doesn't care if it can have the latest android upgrade. All that matters is, good camera, good screen, sound quality and something that she can use for at least 3 years.
I was thinking of Note 10 Plus, but those phones are still expensive with price ranging from 35K to 50K
If you're looking for wife, consider iPhone. You can get iPhone 11 or xr at a good price and Excellent camera. Based on my personal experience

If you're looking for wife, consider iPhone. You can get iPhone 11 or xr at a good price and Excellent camera. Based on my personal experience

Yes she is totally into Android. I and my dad like iPhone but she likes Android. OK I forgot to tell that she is using Note 8 since December 2018. The problem with her Note 8 is damages and some buttons started malfunction.
I know that Note 9 has better Camera, stereo speakers and the option of taking selfie using the stick. So I need to somehow convince her that Note 9 is a major upgrade over 8 not an incremental one lol

Make sure the screen is not replaced with a cheap lcd.
Test the 4k resolution in the display settings .

How can I test all this?

I know that OLED is vibrant, also is there way to test dead pixels and micro scratches? I am finding Note 10 plus difficult and if I really have to spend more than 40K for a second hand or refurbished smartphone I can spend bit more and get Note 20 (not ultra). But that device is made up of cheap plastic instead of premium metal finish, still I am open to that one, whats your suggestion?

In fact in Amazon.in there is a renewed Note 20 available for 46.7K

Last edited:
I am thinking of buying a second hand or a refurbished Galaxy Note 9. Is that smartphone still good and worth purchasing?
Bro I know this is OT, but please please don't buy samsung flagships from olx (any phone not in warranty), Me and people I know here have been burned too many times. There are too many possible issues that can crop up.

Bro I know this is OT, but please please don't buy samsung flagships from olx (any phone not in warranty), Me and people I know here have been burned too many times. There are too many possible issues that can crop up.
Can you suggest me a place from where I can buy reliable second hand or refurnished Note 9 or Note 10 plus?

In fact there is one guy who is ready to offer me a Note 20 Ultra for 65K, it still has warranty left till December 2021 and zero scratches. If i buy that Note, I will take that note to Samsung service center and once confirm that everything is alright only then I will make the payment.

Last edited:
Note 20 ultra for 65k is too much since it has the exynos 990 which is the worst exynos till date.
You may consider note if you will really use the S-pen else there is not much difference between the note and s series.
You may consider s10 plus which is better than note 9.

I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I am really happy with its performance! I think it is the last 'TRUE NOTE' from Samsung. It has the 3.5mm audio jack, notification LED, Iris scanner & SpO2 sensor. If you have any specific queries, I'll be happy to help you out..!!

However, I am against buying flagship phones from OLX. Avoid it!

I am currently using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I am really happy with its performance! I think it is the last 'TRUE NOTE' from Samsung. It has the 3.5mm audio jack, notification LED, Iris scanner & SpO2 sensor. If you have any specific queries, I'll be happy to help you out..!!

However, I am against buying flagship phones from OLX. Avoid it!
Can you suggest me from where I can buy a Note 9 reliable and good condition

Back