Budget Above 25K Is htc one m8 future proof?(best mobile under45k)

evilwit

Disciple
Hey guys my brother wants to buy Htc one m8.He wants to use his phone for at least 3 years.But as we know it has SD 801 and only 2 gigs of ram and 1080p display.He will install some messenger apps,YouTube,social networking apps and few casual and heavy games.He will use it as a media consumption device also.So my question is will the absence of latest specs trouble him?

Thanks

Hey guys my brother wants to buy Htc one m8.He wants to use his phone for at least 3 years.But as we know it has SD 801 and only 2 gigs of ram and 1080p display.He will install some messenger apps,YouTube,social networking apps and few casual and heavy games.He will use it as a media consumption device also.So my question is will the absence of latest specs trouble him?

Thanks

Other than the camera, it's a beast of a device. It will last him for at least 2-3 years. There aren't any apps which use more than 300-400MB RAM so 2GB should be sufficient.

Thanks for the replies guys.Actually he can expand his budget upto 45k.He has LG G3 and Nexus 6 also as an option.But he believes in value for money.He can go for top end nexus 6 but he thinks LG g3 is a better option as its better value for money.What say?He wants to go for m8 just because of stock android(he will flash Google play edition rom),better build quality.But what is a deal breaker is 1080p screen and 2 gigs of ram.He thinks that as he will use the phone for coming 2 to 3 years it would be better to have a 2k screen and 3gigs of ram.So what would be your opinion?

2 GB RAM is more than enough for usage mention by you...
lg g3 is not that better compare to M8 leave beside only camera..
Tell him to import G3 or M8 if he is fine with it as both device easily can be import for 25k...

@evilwit has shared the account details with me(I am his brother) so that I can talk directly to you guys.I want to know is m8 more fluid than g3 in day to day tasks?Is it important to have a 2k display and 3 gb ram if the usage is installing messenger apps,social networking apps and some heavy games(1 0r 2) and casual games and media consumption?I will use the device for atleast 3 years.I think i am having a kinda felling to have better device than others.Lol.(to make them feel jealous:p).If i leave aside this feeling is it really important to buy a device with such specs with requirement like this?

No tech is future-proof! However flagships would easily last 3 years of good service. HTC One 8 is in the list of phones that would get L-update. G3 would also get it. Going by Googes track record, Nexus 6 would get guaranteed updates for two years. Moto X2 is another VFM option.

As a one M8 user, I absolutely love it for the metal unibody and the performance. I use it as a laptop replacement - downloading, watching media, playing casual games. The screen is gorgeous even if it is a 1080. The things I hate is the camera, it has gone down in quality. I feel my units auto focus is playing tricks. Will go for a warranty claim soon. Also the lens at the back is completely smudged and gives every picture a cloudy feel. If you search XDA you will find these are actually common issues. The other thing is the HTC lettering at the back peeled off. It was put in place with a glue like substance which melted due to heat and the letters just dropped off. Now I just have a engraving instead. Does not look bad but definitely conflicts with the claim that HTC makes about the premium build quality overall.

No tech is future-proof! However flagships would easily last 3 years of good service. HTC One 8 is in the list of phones that would get L-update. G3 would also get it. Going by Googes track record, Nexus 6 would get guaranteed updates for two years. Moto X2 is another VFM option.
Would love to buy moto x 2.but there is only 16 gig model available in India[DOUBLEPOST=1417613391][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why not OnePlus One ??
In India they are going to port their own ROM from 2015 onwards that leading to all kind of bugs again.[DOUBLEPOST=1417613512][/DOUBLEPOST]I have watched couple of videos on Youtube and noticed that nexus 6 has a pinkish tint on its screen.Will they solve the problem after selling the faulty batch?

Would love to buy moto x 2.but there is only 16 gig model available in India and doubt about its performance.Will it be able to fulfill my requirements despite having a 1080p screen and 2 gb ram?
In India they are going to port their own ROM from 2015 onwards that leading to all kind of bugs again.I have watched couple of videos on Youtube and noticed that nexus 6 has a pinkish tint on its screen.Will they solve the problem after selling the faulty batch?

One of the best mobile ihave been using it for past 6 months, and u can very well depend for years on this mobile, camera shots are sweat and fast than any other mobile, processing speed is as expected... U will get all updates from android, so y thinking , just go and buy it for u.....

Just search best mobile 2014 on techradar

M8 is Still the best, even after iPhone 6 and Note4 release.

It's best mobile for Android and should easily last 2 years, unless an android os is released which works only on 64bit architecture.

You can simply install CM12 which will be seeding to Non-Indian OPO without a problem. Rooting & Installing custom roms don't void OnePlus One warranty :)
Oneplus is going to launch their new flagship oneplus two in Q2 or Q3 of 2015 and with that launch they are are going to port their own ROM to the new device ending the support for CM.[DOUBLEPOST=1417711492][/DOUBLEPOST]Can someone tell me where to buy 32 gigs version of Moto X 2014 in India?

Back