Is it my wifi router or broadband .....

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I am having a strange issue.
Since past 2 weeks, sometime the lan internet. Stops working on my desktop and on other times devices connected with 2.4 or 5ghz network lose the internet despite connected to wifi.

I have to invariably reboot the router to get the internet working.

The strange issue is some devices keep working and other stop gettibg the internet

My router os TL-MR3620 tplink

I have Airtel and Excitel both connected via Linksys Velop mesh. But sometimes my Excitel behaves in the same manner. Stops working even when wi-if and internet both are showing active. Restarting Excitel ont device fix it instantly. Never faced such issue with Airtel.

I have Airtel and Excitel both connected via Linksys Velop mesh. But sometimes my Excitel behaves in the same manner. Stops working even when wi-if and internet both are showing active. Restarting Excitel ont device fix it instantly. Never faced such issue with Airtel.
Hmmm...
Thanks for the info

Hi
I am having a strange issue.
Since past 2 weeks, sometime the lan internet. Stops working on my desktop and on other times devices connected with 2.4 or 5ghz network lose the internet despite connected to wifi.

I have to invariably reboot the router to get the internet working.

The strange issue is some devices keep working and other stop gettibg the internet

My router os TL-MR3620 tplink
Mostly the router . The low end routers hang . Try to check if there is a firmware upgrade .

Are you using Fiber? You need to call your provider and ask them if they’re doing/changing something from their end. My cable(Excite) provider suggest me to restart the ont(fiber modem). They provide very cheap ont(₹700) device unlike Airtel(Nokia).

Are you using Fiber? You need to call your provider and ask them if they’re doing/changing something from their end. My cable(Excite) provider suggest me to restart the ont(fiber modem). They provide very cheap ont(₹700) device unlike Airtel(Nokia).
Sorry for the late reply..
Yes its fiber and indeed the modem is cheap
I have asked the local guy to get it fixed.
They say they have been doing updates on their local distribution hub since many days..

It's probably hanging up, except for trying new firmware not much you can do about it to be honest.
The thing is out of 12 connected devices, just one or may be 2 or 4 tens to show this behaviour, full wifi yet no internet, while others work fine.

Today is okay as i have been told by the service provider that their updation is done, let's see if the issue repeats

Back