Less than 10K Is it worth buying tempered glass for iPhone XR ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Before iPhone XR I had and still own ASUS m1 max pro which is without screen protection and only one scratch not so big.

In case of iPhone when I bought it, I also got a ₹120 tempered glass which was the only option. Recently it have got a crack for no reason as I remember I never dropped the phone in the first place.

One of my friend suggested that it will make my screen original protection week in long run.

So now, should I get the new screen protection or just remove the broken one and use iPhone as with original screen.

Also if to buy a screen protection, which one to go for ?

I have never heard about things like "original screen protection getting weak". I have extensively used tempered glass on my iPhone. Before, I owned 4S and always had one since day 1 and with 6S which I am using since last almost 4 years, I have been using tempered glass screen protector. I have had accidents where the protector developed crack and it can happen without you noticing. I would then immediately apply a new one.
I strongly recommend the tempered glass screen protector.

TGP's for me serve one purpose only. Preserve the oleophobic coating of the original. When the coating on the TGP wears out i can always put another on. My phone is in a UAG case so the screen does not contact the ground if ever it falls. it really depends how long you keep your phone. The original screen will lose its slickness by two years and become sticky to use. So if you intend to keep it past that point then a TGP is good to have and preferably a branded one and not some knockoff. Buy two and you're good.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on the one I can find in India ? Also I prefer it to be silky smooth as many time I faced a issue with the current one was the sticking finger felling while playing games.

I'm a fan of Ringke. Never tried their TGP's but loved the cases. This company is quality.

3 pack for Rs.900 ?

Another company that makes decent protectors is Nilkin. But you're only getting one here

It's overpriced a good price would be Rs.499 per

Keep in mind neither is total coverage so get a decent case.

Last edited:
I have a silicon case with is good I suppose. No complaints as of now for that. The screen guard is a full covered and nicely feet. But as you see in the pic, the crack is very clear. I don't know how the crack was developed. Impact point is clearly visible as some bit is missing at the edge where my finger is.
1568547657600.jpg
1568547693977.jpg

Do let me know
Oh I forgot that one sim is esim and I have a physical one. But when asked at jio store. Dual volte works with iPhone xr and was recommended for me to port jio sim to esim. But as I am yet to fully get use to iPhone. I didn't do it at that time. With iOS 13 on 19th sept, things will be more better [emoji28]

Back