Budget Above 40k Is it worth spending money above 40k on any android?

ideepika

Recruit
I am looking for a reliable phone with good battery life and good build quality, I use linux and would prefer to stay in android ecosystem, but seems like the build quality as suggested in many is superior in iPhone, is there any good alternative to iPhone should I buy a mid range android phone otherwise to get the value for money instead of any of the close to flagship ones?

go through this thread

it will give you some insight on what you are getting into.

Most people here have been suggesting to go for Samsung and not any Chinese brand if going for Android and budget is over 25k.
sub 25k Chinese phones are okay above it is big gamble.

Samsung is definitely a strong brand and only in Android field to stand up to Iphone .
I will leave others to give better advice.

My personal experience with Iphone has been amazing. It almost in a way saved my life due to its build quality. ( i own Iphone x) dont know if latest ones are as good as the older iphones in built quality.

Build quality is very premium in all Android Flagships. Everything is there such as looks, gorilla glass victus, good weight balance, sleek bezels etc. If you just want a phone and can tolerate iOS then pick any random iPhone which is the least expensive.
People buy flagships for performance, cameras and experience. Build quality is not an issue with any flagship phone these days and the value for money is great in Flagships in Android world.
For example, I have a Xiaomi 13 pro, it has the latest 8+ gen 2 processor, it is butter smooth in everything. Fast, responsive, great cameras, premium looks everything is there. It's thermal management is also great. It gets less hot and can keep its screen at very high brightness in bright sunlight for a longer duration as compared to iPhone 14 pro. It also scores more in graphics stability tests because of this.
All this when some consider Xiaomi a non flagship worthy brand.
If you pick Samsung then you will get all this but also outstanding service. Android flagships are very good in everything so you can pick one with confidence.

Last edited:
I am looking for a reliable phone with good battery life and good build quality, I use linux and would prefer to stay in android ecosystem, but seems like the build quality as suggested in many is superior in iPhone, is there any good alternative to iPhone should I buy a mid range android phone otherwise to get the value for money instead of any of the close to flagship ones?
Get Samsung S23 series if you want to go for droid flagships. Ignore every other brand. S series is as premium as an iPhone. Go to Samsung smart cafe and try them out. Then go to Apple Store and try iPhone.

Also, why to copy paste to local storage when everything can be synced to cloud storage in real time? I am using OneDrive premium 1TB storage and I do not even think of taking a backup.

should I buy a mid range android phone otherwise to get the value for money
Best case, you'd most likely be getting a plastic frame instead of aluminium & gorilla glass 5 instead of victus or victus 2. If you'd be using the phone with a case and tempered glass on, I'd say doesn't matter much in an ideal usage. But this depends on your usage and budget. Flagship androids are not necessarily not value for money. If you could benefit from something the flagships offer for a reasonable premium, that technically is more value for money.

But to just answer to your question - Yes, but depends on the specific phone and your usage. For reliability, ask around where you're from about service experience your friends/family have had. Most likely, this
If you pick Samsung then you will get all this but also outstanding service.
will be true, as they're such a large company and the 1 or 2 more years of software support they're able to provide adds bonus points as well.

Get Samsung S23 series if you want to go for droid flagships. Ignore every other brand.
Do we get the SD version for S23 in India? That would be an improvement over the S22
Also, why to copy paste to local storage when everything can be synced to cloud storage in real time? I am using OneDrive premium 1TB storage and I do not even think of taking a backup.
I guess this is one attitude that takes time. People prefer to use their own cloud for free.

that entirely depend on your usecase and financial mindset and situation. If you are someone whose life depend on a phone , be a photographer or content creator, then absolutely yea, you should splurge on it .

but if 40k is a big money for you, and all you do on a phone is browser , camera , calling and whatsapp, then you have options which can can fulfill all your needs without breaking bank .

Back