Is Micromax 32" LED HD TV worth to buy?(Budget 14-16k)

1. Budget. 14000 - 16000

2. Viewing distance. - 6 - 8 Feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. : Only normal DishTV STB and USB port. HDMI too.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - LED Only

5. Preference for brands. : VFM one.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Average(CFL in room)

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. - Must be of HD resolution and above & HD ready.

I am looking a good decent TV for my mom & dad.

It would be mostly used for TV Serials(Saas Bahu), news and some sports.

Resolution should be HD atleast and if its FHD then added advantage.

I have shortlisted Micromax ones:
http://www.flipkart.com/micromax-32b200hd-32-inches-led-tv/p/itmdtz6nn78yhszy

One Videocon:
http://www.flipkart.com/videocon-vk...tracker=start&as-pos=p_2&pid=TVSDU4SFFP7CGHEC

How are Micromax brand and their services?
I am more inclined to buy MMX one.

Members may express their opinion, on what you have sought. Pl. do not attribute adjectives to that. The minimum you should say is "thank you", for the time someone had bothered to read & reply to your query.
Don't take them [sic]blindly, go to a store, check out the models in your budget & buy what your eyes prefer the most.

Members may express their opinion, on what you have sought. Pl. do not attribute adjectives to that. The minimum you should say is "thank you", for the time someone had bothered to read & reply to your query.
Don't take them [sic]blindly, go to a store, check out the models in your budget & buy what your eyes prefer the most.
Thanks for those who have replied !!

@Jambumali you are right, but these days I have encountered many guys who don't think beyond the International Brands(Samsung, Sony, LG etc) and consider Indian brands useless without having any real-life exp.

Also I have tried the model in store, but it doesn't give you any idea about services, maintenance & shelf life of product.[DOUBLEPOST=1403624076][/DOUBLEPOST]
i guess im not alloiwed to source other forums here ... though for your help .. this is my experience with micromax

http://www.erodov.com/forums/solved-fraud-micromax/70329.html
Thanks a lot dear !!

Now will avoid MMX, will go with Videocon one.

Last edited:
@haris5sani : I don't own a Videocon TV, but tested quite a few models, some time back with my own content; that is the reason I mentioned "surprisingly good". Because normally, you don't get to hear local brands being recommended.

LCD TV and LED TV are similar except for the lamp that is used behind for lighting up the screen.
A LED TV is a LCD TV that uses a LED lamp for lighting and therefore consumes less electricity than a LCD TV that uses CCFL ( Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp).

I am myself interested in buying a 32" LED based LCD TV only for the sake of low power consumption. After googling specifications of number of LCD/LED TV's, I presume the nominal power consumption as follows:
1) 32" LCD TV with 20W Audio = 110 Watts
2) 32" LED TV with 20W Audio = 55 Watts

@haris5sani:
The Micromax 32B200HD draws 64 watts, seems to be inefficient. As for Videocon VKC32HH, there is no mention of power consumption in their website!

My budget is 32" LED < Rs.18000 and so far I have been eyeing only on the following TV:

Funai 32FE502 @ Rs.16,800 in Shopclues dot com

Pros:
Japanese co. ( well known brand in US and top brand in Europe )
One really good review in Mouthshut dot com
Lowest power consumption: 47 Watts

Cons:
New to India. Not many services centers.
Screen dimension is slightly small, 31.5" instead of 32".
Does not have an Audio out on TV :(.

I have not yet decided. SONY is my preferred choice and I will buy one in my dreams. Realistically, I am waiting to see if I could get a good deal on either Onida or Panasonic.

:)

Why not a Samsung full hd led from the grey market for 17-18k? In my family, most of the leds are bought from the grey market and not even one has failed since.

I looked at the Videocons and Micromaxes and they both had terrible picture quality IMO.
Have a look at VU TV's. The 32" comes for 18,990 and it's got pretty good picture quality while playing back HD content. SD content doesn't look too great, but that could be because of my Videcon DTH connection.

It's got great sound, you can actually make out what people are saying without blasting the volume. Picture quality is really good. And it plays back mkv's, avi, flv's, mp4's without any problem.

I bought one recently, and am very happy with it.

NO Greymarket ones plzzzz.......... Parents will suffer if something bad happen, since I am not at home.
Needed an Indian warranty one, no Hi Fi, they just want decent TV experience.

Also Flipkart is giving exchange offer for CRTs, thinking of going with that against Videocon one.
Have a look at VU TV's. The 32" comes for 18,990 and it's got pretty good picture quality while playing back HD content. SD content doesn't look too great, but that could be because of my Videcon DTH connection.

It's got great sound, you can actually make out what people are saying without blasting the volume. Picture quality is really good. And it plays back mkv's, avi, flv's, mp4's without any problem.

I bought one recently, and am very happy with it.
Please provide link of the model you are using which as USB port too.

Thanks !![DOUBLEPOST=1403689263][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cons:
New to India. Not many services centers.
I think they will have service centers in Delhi, but didn't get that in search result.

Last edited:
Back