Monitors Is Monitor degaussing good?

Teenu_Alex

Disciple
I have 17" LG monitor used for eight month. Of late working on various multimedia application, there is some little black shading on right side of the monitor. I tried to figure out. First checked with the display properties, everything is fine. when i tried monitor settings and degaussed the monitor. After degaussing the monitor now looks fine in normal.

My question is
1. whats that black shade did i observe?
2. Is degaussing good method for monitor to restore in normal display?
3. Whats the amicable soln you have got to say ?

:huh:

Nothin wrong with degaussin I guess...

Keep any source of magnetic fields away frm ur monitor like the unsheilded spkrs..

Read somewhere: Too much is not recommended.
The black shade occured may be due to strong magnetic fields from speakers, subwoofer etc.

thanks gannu & ratna.

You are right. :eek:hyeah: Rcently i had moved the speakers near to the monitor (Both right & left). The woofer is little bit far. Guess those could be the problem.

thanks for advice.

keep all types of speakers away from CRT monitors unless it is stated that they are shielded.

You're lucky the degauss solved it . a friend of mine's monitor was permanently stuck with a pinkish tinge from his subwoofer :(

greenhorn said:
a friend of mine's monitor was permanently stuck with a pinkish tinge from his subwoofer :(

No need to worry if a monitor doesn't have inbuilt degaussing system. Just call a TV Technician. They have a degaussing rod for TVs which can be used with CRT Monitors :p

Back