Budget 10-15K Is Moto G Turbo worth buying now?

singenaadam

Skilled
I am looking for a waterproof or, at least water-resistant phone. My primary phone is a Mi4i. Had bad experience of it going kaput in the rain. So waterproof / splash-resistant feature is a must.

I am looking at this as a backup phone. Will keep it synched regularly. This would be backup for the rainy season.

I am not interested in the Moto E or, the G4 Play. Specs problem. Lag issues etc.

Now the choice boils down to Moto G Turbo which is rated for good water resistance. Next level is the Moto G4+
Saw a few videos on MotoG4+ seems OK as far as rain proof aspect is concerned.

Moto G Turbo being significantly more waterproof does it make sense to buy it over the Moto G4+ ? It is going to get N update. Probably the last update.
Or,
Moto G4+ being newer would be more future proof - by history, should get the next 2 updates. Almost 40% costlier. Can afford but, only if it makes better sense.

Pl. suggest!

Thanks for your time!

The moto g3 turbo has a bad headphone jack hardware. It stops working after a few months. Personal experience for one bought in June. It was a known issue and was supposed to have been fixed with better hardware. However my experience was not so.

E is splash resistant. But few issues like lag, screen, battery seems to be dog the model a bit. That's the reason I didn't put it up for advice.
Price reduction seems to have made the X Play more attractive.

Moto G4+ is better in all aspects - other than the battery. Realised the importance esp after seeing how Jio/4G drains the battery.

That way the other 10k phones - RN3, CoolPad N5 etc offer excellent 4000mAh battery. But - not splash proof. That is a must. Hence looking at Moto only. The flagships are too expensive for a backup phone.[DOUBLEPOST=1475434362][/DOUBLEPOST]Placed order for Moto X Play for 9134Rs.

Got 2900 for previous Moto G2 + SBI 10% off.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Last edited:
Back