Android Is Moto One Fusion+ yet another cheated promise for Android 11 ?

TrojanKing

Disciple
The last such false promise was Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2. This time the same situation from Moto. What would be the difficulty at all ?

The difficulty is just the same with everything else, greed and dishonesty and deceit. If they provide A11 you would not upgrade to their new phone, which is just the same phone but in a new box.

Custom ROM is the answer boys... I've always installed custom ROM on devices when they lose official support for my family (in household, not relatives :p ). No complains, smooth AF, better than factory shit.
As for myself I use Custom ROM as soon as possible.

I know to newbies it may seem like a big headache but it's really not in todays time. Youtube has everything. Back in 2012-2016 you had to go through each and every page of the thread in XDA to find out the right info and everything but now it's too easy and mostly a one time thing, do it and forget it. You even get regular monthly updates over OTA. Although sometimes the process to flash them is manual but it doesn't take more than 10 mins and no data is lost with OTA updates.

Only the first time flashing with Custom ROM the device needs to be wiped. You won't believe I have devices which were shipped with Android 6 and running 11/12 today, everything working.

These are my views anyways...

Moto One Fusion+ is barely 1.5 year old phone. It should get Android 11 for sure. I mean, if LG, even after closing down their mobile division can still provide A11 for G8X, which was launched around 6 months before the Moto, then they should surely give A11. And Motorola used to have a near stock Android skin, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to provide an update.

Should/could/would doesnt matter. Fact of the matter is that asus, motorola,lenovo,oppo,vivo,realme,iqoo etc dont give timely android version updates in most phones. Many of the phones get zero version upgrades. They are extremely lethargic with security updates and that too erratically. If you buy one of those phones in the hope that it will be updated despite all the evidence on the contrary, then at least dont act surprised.

Anyone who works in any revenue division knows, resources are prioritized based on what makes most money. Since people keep buying phones with terrible software support, companies would be stupid/generous to allocate resources to updates when they dont help sell phones. So if you bought phones based on promise and not evidence, please dont act surprised. You bought the phone for a good hardware to price ratio. You got it. If updates are important, pull the money away from manufacturers who dont think updates are important.

Moto One Fusion+ is barely 1.5 year old phone. It should get Android 11 for sure. I mean, if LG, even after closing down their mobile division can still provide A11 for G8X, which was launched around 6 months before the Moto, then they should surely give A11. And Motorola used to have a near stock Android skin, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to provide an update.
Unfortunately, most of the models other than One Fusion + seem to have received or started receiving the update while this one is still in testing phase

The difficulty is just the same with everything else, greed and dishonesty and deceit. If they provide A11 you would not upgrade to their new phone, which is just the same phone but in a new box.
Couldn't agree more with the last line. Same was the case with Asus Zenfone

Custom ROM is the answer boys... I've always installed custom ROM on devices when they lose official support for my family (in household, not relatives :p ). No complains, smooth AF, better than factory shit.
As for myself I use Custom ROM as soon as possible.

I know to newbies it may seem like a big headache but it's really not in todays time. Youtube has everything. Back in 2012-2016 you had to go through each and every page of the thread in XDA to find out the right info and everything but now it's too easy and mostly a one time thing, do it and forget it. You even get regular monthly updates over OTA. Although sometimes the process to flash them is manual but it doesn't take more than 10 mins and no data is lost with OTA updates.

Only the first time flashing with Custom ROM the device needs to be wiped. You won't believe I have devices which were shipped with Android 6 and running 11/12 today, everything working.

These are my views anyways...
Could you link any places to get custom roms and the procedures that follow the installation of such ROMs ?

Could you link any places to get custom roms and the procedures that follow the installation of such ROMs ?
Disclaimer: Always do this at your own risk! Slight chance of soft/hard bricking your device if instructions are not followed properly.

Also along with this I'd highly advise you to go through some of the youtube videos first. I'm sure there are plenty.

I'll give you a general process guideline of what's the order of things to follow with most phones:
1) You unlock the bootloader (a protection of sorts which prevent you to flash anything custom on your phone). This is usually an official process provided by manufacturer.
2) You flash a custom recovery like TWRP or OrangeFox or whatever. This allows you to flash custom ROMs. Format system/vendor and other protected partitions and play around with the phone.
3) You download a zip of your favorite ROM and you flash (install) using the custom recovery and format/wipe data (first time when flashing a new ROM) and reboot. You're on a custom OS!

The above are a very generic set of instructions, there maybe something specific to your device you can find that either on XDA or Youtube or both. Have fun.

Since you are new to this. I would strongly recommend against trying out custom roms with moto fusion. There is barely any activity on xda threads that @enthusiast29 linked above. If you bump into issues/ brick it, there wont be many users to help out. A good way to get started with custom roms is if you have a device like redmi note 10 pro or poco x3 pro. Those threads are buzzing with activity and many users around to help in case you mess things up.

The chance of bricking is not zero btw. I still mess things up from time to time after having flashed maybe 100 times. Just that I only tried it with very popular phones (op3 and poco f1). So help was always available.

Since you are new to this. I would strongly recommend against trying out custom roms with moto fusion. There is barely any activity on xda threads that @enthusiast29 linked above.
You don't need to have a buzzing activity on XDA tbh. Nowadays these people have shifted to telegram groups for chit chat. Besides, you only need one stable ROM with regular updates rolling in. I advise going with Pixel Experience if available, it's AOSP based with clean stock UI like Pixel devices. Of course depends on device to device if it comes with any bugs or not. That's the OP's thing to research on.

You won't believe I have devices which were shipped with Android 6 and running 11/12 today, everything working.
I can one up you on this :p I have an ancient Samsung Tab 4 which launched with Android Jellybean and upgraded via custom ROMs all the way to Android 11 thanks to one legendary active dev on XDA.

Personally, my number one criteria for purchasing a new phone is active support for custom ROMs followed by specs/budget. This has never disappointed. Of course initially there's a bit of hesitation wrt following steps or things not going as expected but most of the times it's fairly easy to recover unless of course you've borked up bad.

Back