Graphic Cards Is my Gigabyte Radeon 290X OC Windforce dying?

booo

BA BA BA BABANANA
Skilled
Lately my system was crashing with a blank screen (not blue screen) while playing flash full screen videos and sometimes while playing games with artifacts like this.
DSC_0013.JPG

I was assuming that it was due to the buggy amd drivers but last night I did something different. I ran furmark for less than five minutes to see the issue again. but this time after rebooting, My screen has five vertical white strip. I uninstalled all the graphics drivers to reinstall them. but this time whenever the ati driver probes my graphics card, the screen goes blank and I cant install the drivers. Now I am left with this type of screen. is my graphics card dying?
DSC_0015.JPG

I have two Sapphire r9 290x's. I was having issues with the PC hanging in some games so I got one of the cards exchanged and now it's fine.

Your issue looks like a hardware issue to me. Which driver are you using? Did you try using a driver cleaner software?

I tried all drivers. 13.1 beta that came with the card, 13.2 and 14.2rc beta driver. same problem with all the drivers. :(

I think you've messed up the numbers. Catalyst 13.12 was the last stable driver. Catalyst 14.4 is the newest RC driver.

Catalyst 14.4 still has some known issues with crossfire and mantle but single GPU configuration should work perfectly otherwise.

So, use a driver cleaner like - http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html.

Then try and install Catalyst 13.2 once more. If things are still weird then give your card for RMA.

I shutdown the system for a day and now, the problem fixed itself. even running furmark at 2560x1440 doesnt hang the system. :( The system is currently running on 14.4 rc

Which PSU r u using ? I have experienced this type of screens with my HD4850 when I was using crappy CM Extreme Power Plus 500w PSU ... RMAed card twice and third one worked perfectly since I changed PSU to Corsair VX550 by then ...

The system is running stable for a while now :) As I figured out that the system started crashing when I was watching videos online (yeah! I know). So this time I disabled the hardware acceleration in flash. its been running stable since then. I will enable it again to see if starts crashing again. Just to be sure.

Back