Is my inverter faulty?

stefanm

Disciple
I changed the battery yesterday, it's in ups mode and still states charging. Does that mean it's faulty?

It's a microtek HB1125, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that on UPS mode or not.

I changed the battery yesterday, it's in ups mode and still states charging. Does that mean it's faulty?

It's a microtek HB1125, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that on UPS mode or not.
If the inverter is on UPS mode that means its not getting AC input. Possible reasons - may be the wall socket is faulty or the input power cable is faulty or the AC input is out of the permissible voltage range.

If the inverter is on UPS mode that means its not getting AC input. Possible reasons - may be the wall socket is faulty or the input power cable is faulty or the AC input is out of the permissible voltage range.

I've set it to UPS as it runs a PC, cables are in great condition as is the socket. After a power outage it will flash the charging light, then it'll be lit solidly. I'm not sure if that indicates that it's fully charged or not. I'll have a search for the manual as I can't find one online.

I've set it to UPS as it runs a PC, cables are in great condition as is the socket. After a power outage it will flash the charging light, then it'll be lit solidly. I'm not sure if that indicates that it's fully charged or not. I'll have a search for the manual as I can't find one online.
OK my bad I didn't understood UPS mode on microtek. In luminous, UPS mode comes ON when the inverter switches to battery, and this no time delay shift is defined as regulated and unregulated mode. If the charging light is lit constantly means battery is fully charged, if its blinking means charging is going on. for how much time you are using this inverter, have you observed it previously?

New battery usually takes a lot of time. I myself have microtek inverters and recently changed batteries for them. It took around 10+ hours for new batteries to fully charge. Once the charging light is constantly lit, it means the charging is complete. It usually cuts the charging at around 13.5-14v depending on the settings you have set at the back panel of the inverter.

OK my bad I didn't understood UPS mode on microtek. In luminous, UPS mode comes ON when the inverter switches to battery, and this no time delay shift is defined as regulated and unregulated mode. If the charging light is lit constantly means battery is fully charged, if its blinking means charging is going on. for how much time you are using this inverter, have you observed it previously?
I've had this for 6.5 years and it was like that earlier, though I can't recall when it was new and back then it was on wide input mode, I switched it to UPS as it was resetting my raspberry Pi, back then i was using laptops also.

Back