Is my selection of TV, Refrigerator and Soundbar wise and correct? Any thing else that you would suggest, which offer better value for money?

TestLink

Recruit
I am looking around for a TV, Fridge, Soundbar for my home and plan to buy it end of this month. Are my below choices, correct / ok? Any thing that you would suggest that offer better value for money?

1. Refrigerator
SAMSUNG 700 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator (Gentle Silver Matt, RS72R5001M9/TL) - Rs. 77,490.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 700ltr space

2. TV
LG 165.1 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 65NANO73TPZ (Ashed Blue) (2021 Model) - Rs. 99,999.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 65" and upwards, 2021 or latest model

3. SoundBar
MOTOROLA AmphisoundX Dolby ATMOS with Wireless Surround Sound 500 W Bluetooth Soundbar (Black, 5.1 Channel) - Rs. 43,821

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum Dolby Atmos sound bar with wireless sub woofer and upfiring speakers

Any help highly appreciated. TIA

nice suggestion above, but in case you want a side-by-side for some reason(more freezer space/just aesthetics) then we got the LG side-by-side for ~85k iirc. working well till now, extended warranty was actually good(pretty cheap don't remember the price but covered everything except the plastic internal containers(were 400ish rupees out of pocket if we needed them replaced)

my main doubt is the water dispenser which works well but idk about it's durability. Also make sure to go to some physical stores as while buying ours they were a bit cheaper.

Did the price increase? It is showing Rs.106591 now ! Please see the attachment.

Attachments

• ref.JPG
    ref.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 59
For the TV my brother has Nano86 which is a 120Hz TV (2019 Model). It's looks really good at 4k60Hz and 1440p120Hz just make sure that the local dimming is good on your TV through YouTube Reviews.

My opinion is that the best way to buy a TV is looking at the panel in real life. Else YouTube + Amazon is your best friend.

nice suggestion above, but in case you want a side-by-side for some reason(more freezer space/just aesthetics) then we got the LG side-by-side for ~85k iirc. working well till now, extended warranty was actually good(pretty cheap don't remember the price but covered everything except the plastic internal containers(were 400ish rupees out of pocket if we needed them replaced)
Right, if more freezer space is needed then the whole left side of the double door makes for a larger freezer than the top freezer model.

Forget aesthetics and think ergonomics. A narrower fridge door is easier to negotiate than a much wider one.

I have a 470L top freezer and its pretty big as it is. You get used to it.

And i do not recommend extended warranties unless the company offering the warranty also provides the staff to do the work. Clarify that first.

What happens if they outsource it to some third party. Warranty fixes don't pay much so your ticket becomes low priority. Or the people doing the work aren't that good.

I never get extended warranties because its like betting against the house and the house always wins, meaning a needless expense that you don't need.

You bet something will break, house bets against you.

If anything breaks within the warranty period the company will fix it with their own staff.

If that does not happens odds are you will be good for longer than the extended warranty covers you.

my main doubt is the water dispenser which works well but idk about it's durability. Also make sure to go to some physical stores as while buying ours they were a bit cheaper.
Look for an option that does not have a water dispenser then. I do read of these water dispensers developing issues.

How does it work if you want filtered water ?

Last edited:
I am looking around for a TV, Fridge, Soundbar for my home and plan to buy it end of this month. Are my below choices, correct / ok? Any thing that you would suggest that offer better value for money?

1. Refrigerator
SAMSUNG 700 L Frost Free Side by Side Refrigerator (Gentle Silver Matt, RS72R5001M9/TL) - Rs. 77,490.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 700ltr space

2. TV
LG 165.1 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart NanoCell TV 65NANO73TPZ (Ashed Blue) (2021 Model) - Rs. 99,999.00

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum 65" and upwards, 2021 or latest model

3. SoundBar
MOTOROLA AmphisoundX Dolby ATMOS with Wireless Surround Sound 500 W Bluetooth Soundbar (Black, 5.1 Channel) - Rs. 43,821

** Any thing else that you would recommend: Minimum Dolby Atmos sound bar with wireless sub woofer and upfiring speakers

Any help highly appreciated. TIA
Soundbar:

Sony HT-S350

Yamaha YAS-209

Zebronics Juke Bar 9800 - has Dolby Atmos also. Imported from China.

Klipsch Cinema 400

JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass

These are in the price range you have linked to.

How does it work if you want filtered water ?

oh it is not the one connected to a main water line. it has a 4L 'tank' inside it which we still have to fill manually. Not as cool as unlimited supply lol but it does make ice on it's own

regarding the warranty. definitely your points are valid but i took it and i still appreciate the peace of mind that in case something breaks we won't have to spend a ton(hopefully haha)
Did the price increase? It is showing Rs.106591 now !
it was around 1L even when we bought it. we went to a physical vijay sales store and got a good deal there. my main point there was to make sure to also look near you because it could be cheaper(bought my laptop for ~8k less than e-commerce prices from a reliance digital physical store)

I have used Soundbars before, last being Sony HT-RT3, and now I have a dedicated 5.1.2 system with an AVR. And I would never want to go back to soundbars. I understand that not everyone has a budget and space that such a system would take. But soundbars, imo, are very poor budget choice in such a scenario. If you are spending close to 40-50K on a soundbar, consider a good active 2.1 system that will clearly outperform a soundbar with tiny speakers.

Don't take mine or anyone's word for it. You might listen to a soundbar at a friend's place and think it's good, but try auditioning a soundbar as well as a 2.0 or 2.1 active speakers at a dealer's place/shop. You will be able to tell them apart clearly and feel what sounds better.
A good starting 2.1 system - https://www.croma.com/edifier-2-0-c...ookshelf-audio-quality-s350db-brown-/p/238150
2.0 - https://www.amazon.in/Edifier-R1280DBs-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B095NGCWSV/

And if you are not budget-constrained and space is not limited, then try building a home theatre with 2.1/2.0 passive speakers and an AVR, and then gradually you can add other speakers and make it 5.1 or 5.1.2 for atmos.

How good is Zebronics sound bars? Any one has tested this at home?
Maybe you can get a decent HTIB instead which will be much better than a sound bar. In my opinion sound bars cannot be compared to AVR with 5.1 or 5.1.2 speakers. However as another FM had suggested audition both and you will know the difference as you have budget of around 45K.

Any idea when these 2022 soundbar models hit indian market? Same with a 65"-75" TV model Iam looking for. Iam searching Amazon, flipkart, tatacliq etc every day. But all I can see are max 2021 overprized models! I can wait till 2nd week of Feb 2022.

Any other place to buy online?
Thanks ...

Back