Other Is my USB C female to USB A adapter sleeping when no / low power ?

raksrules

Elite
I use a desktop USB charger that I got like 5 years or more back. It has 6 USB-A ports and I use this with multiple cables connected to them. This charger remains on 24x7 irrespective of something is getting charged or not.

Now my Apple Watch charger is having usb C and hence I got that small usb c female to usb a male adapter and plugged in so I can charge Apple Watch.

What I have observed that say for full day when the connected apple watch charger is not being used (but still connected to usb A port of charger and is on) when at night I put my watch, the charging won't start. I know it is not watch problem as I have another apple watch charger (old usb A one) in another room (that too is on 24x7) and watch will start charging immediately.

In the first case, the only thing way for me to get the watch to charge is to turn off the usb charger from main power and once I turn it back on watch charges.

Basically, this happens only on the port that has this USB C to USB A adapter and not on direct USB A ports.

Is the adapter sleeping when not being used and fails to awake when apple watch is put due to very low power draw?

Now my Apple Watch charger is having usb C and hence I got that small usb c female to usb a male adapter and plugged in so I can charge Apple Watch.
Why did you get a charger with USB C when there are a plugs available

You want USB c ports in things but when it comes to charging you want an A on the other end unless its USBC-PD

There is no intelligence in your mini adapter, think of it like a wire. The charger might be going to sleep if it does not detect a load after some time.

Why did you get a charger with USB C when there are a plugs available

You want USB c ports in things but when it comes to charging you want an A on the other end unless its USBC-PD

There is no intelligence in your mini adapter, think of it like a wire. The charger might be going to sleep if it does not detect a load after some time.

The apple watch charger came inside the box of apple watch. I didn't buy it separately. Apple is now giving the cable with USB-C port at the charger side.

The apple watch charger came inside the box of apple watch. I didn't buy it separately. Apple is now giving the cable with USB-C port at the charger side.
Just get a basic USB C charger from a decent make..
Your watch i presume is watch 7 (which is when they shifted to C port) - it is capable of taking a much faster charge off USB C than what you are getting now.

Back