is shopping online trustworthy

zero_cool

Disciple
hi guys
i intend to assemble a new rig with a sandy bridge processor however most of the components are available only online and that too with certain retailers

my question is if shopping online from traders like smc and techshop risky as mostly the after sales service is poor or the whole process very tedious

i have once shopped online and had a bad experience
also things are not as transparent as they are in the west

i would be great if any of you can share you own experiences regarding shopping on any of these sites

thanks

SMC is a reg. dealer here. So you can strike the deal in TE (If it makes you feel more safer)
Haven't come accross any issues that users faced with SMC or TechShop. They usually ship in couple of days in they have the item in stock. So clarify with them whether the item is in stock before placing the order.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Reg. the A.S.S it depends on whether the brand you buy has a service center near you place.
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/find-your-peripherals-service-centre-details-168949.html

You can find the details here.

SMC is a reg. dealer here. So you can strike the deal in TE (If it makes you feel more safer)

Haven't come accross any issues that users faced with SMC or TechShop. They usually ship in couple of days in they have the item in stock. So clarify with them whether the item is in stock before placing the order.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Reg. the A.S.S it depends on whether the brand you buy has a service center near you place.

Find your peripheral's service centre details here!

You can find the details here.

thanks for the information mate

Re: is shopping online trustworthy

If u r from mumbai then go and buy from Lamington Road.

that was my plan but the products are just not there and none of the shopkeepers have any idea when they might be able to get them so i am thinking of taking the online route

zero_cool said:
thanks for the information mate
that was my plan but the products are just not there and none of the shopkeepers have any idea when they might be able to get them so i am thinking of taking the online route
Try PrimeABGB and E-Lounge aka TheITWares. Prime lists P67 mobos in their site too.

@OP:

There are various offerings available, example the listings which members provided above. Also if you visit the dealer section here -- you would find a lot of the equipment you are looking for. After sales is dependent on the part you get, and where in India the service is provided. But yes it is there. You will get a legitimate product with sales receipt and article serials.

You can decide where you want to purchase from (if online) and cross reference the portal here on TE.

Just ask..! :)

Try PrimeABGB and E-Lounge aka TheITWares. Prime lists P67 mobos in their site too.

was there yesterday

both of them had only asus boards which i am avoiding as i have had terrible experiences with asus boards

@OP:

There are various offerings available, example the listings which members provided above. Also if you visit the dealer section here -- you would find a lot of the equipment you are looking for. After sales is dependent on the part you get, and where in India the service is provided. But yes it is there. You will get a legitimate product with sales receipt and article serials.

You can decide where you want to purchase from (if online) and cross reference the portal here on TE.

Just ask..!

thanks man

the sales receipt was one a doubt that was lingering on my mind

one last query guys

say if i buy a board from smc and it ends up having some problem a year or so later do i have to send the board all the way to bengaluru or just submit to a service center in mumbai

Hi,
Online shopping is really doing good in terms of trust ,security and also with much more issues.Hence,Online shopping is trustworthy.
Thanks.

What about flipkart? I'm thinking of buying a monitor off them.

You can buy from flipkart with your eyes closed. No issues generally. Really professional people. Also, you get a 30 days replacement guarantee.

Only downside is their prices are slightly on the higher side. As in, you can get a better deal elsewhere if you look.

Back