PC Peripherals Is soundbar a viable option for PC sound/music ?

Is soundbar a viable replacement for a speaker setup ?

• Total voters

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Just came to mind hence the thread.

Want to know if traditional PC speaker setup 2.1 can be replaced by a single soundbar having good sound features and capabilities. (bass/treble balance with vocal)
Is it worthy esp. for music and gaming.

If get some worthy responses might think of using a soundbar for my setup.

I tested out my Blaupunkt soundbar with Sub on my PC to test, before connecting it to my TV. I was quite happy with the sound quality and was very tempted to leave it on my PC.

It's an older model

Yes all the newer models are not that great
I bought mine from flipkart a few years back

Take a look at this Blaupunkt SBW-01 Dolby Bluetooth Soundbar on Flipkart
Infact my review is at the top, I had rated it at 4 back then, but after using it for so many years I can easily give it 4.7

The audio is very very good.
Infact i have been using it as a music system, just recently connected with me tv via hdmi to watch the latest james bond flick, the sound was so so awesome really.

Better buy the one with maximum power, should prove very nice.

Last edited:
it is great for watching videos and movies etc. Music not so much compared to bookshelf or PC speakers.
Depends on budget also

Using the MI soundbar with the PC using optical out. The sound quality is better than the Logitech speakers that I was using earlier. It's working great. Although look wise it's a bit odd as I have 24 inches dell monitor and the soundbar is longer than it.
But I am very happy with the setup. :)

The audio is very very good.
Infact i have been using it as a music system, just recently connected with me tv via hdmi to watch the latest james bond flick, the sound was so so awesome really.

Where did you watch the latest james bond flick?

Im not sure if this is something you would be looking for ... but im using a soundbar which is not bluetooth connected but instead has an audio jack which i plug into my mobo.
Its a basic setup.... which is great for basic sound( largerly mids focused) and not so much for bass or high end sound performance,
The bar im using is made by a compnay called 'Fingers'.... P 2.0. It has to be connected to a power socket to and works wonderfully for basic audio at a very reasonable price.

Nice replies!
Also, is the bass pretty good with soundbar with a woofer ?
I also feel there's a sounding difference when directly connected via 3.5 jack vs BT. Correct though..

IMO , 3.5 mm produces the worst among the connectors.

HDMI ARC >OPTICAL > digital audio ~= Bluetooth > 3.5 mm
Provided the source remaining the same , above is decreasing order for the quality of sound produced.

So which one should I got for ? Might order tomorrow.

Back