Is the Iphone 3GS price Justified???

5800XM can do all that 3GS can do then why to spend 35k for it? Go to nokia priority dealer, have a deo of this phone. Am sure you are gonna love it :)

^ I beg to differ. Although 5800xm can do anything that iPhone 3GS can, however, iPhone is a class apart.... plz dont compare iPhone with so called iPhone killers

although i like and own the 5800XM i would seriously not put it at the same usability level as the iphone 3gs.

And a premium product which is unreleased in India would cost quite a bit :) A legally unlocked iphone in the US costs something over 1000$ @ buy.com to put things in perspective so 35 -40k is not entirely unexpected.

Ok someone answer this : Can Iphone 3G or 3GS make a video call?

If yes then somewhat justified...

Else....What is the huge tag name 3G for ?? Just data works ??

yes it has bling value ...yes its smooth....but is it actually necessary??

sushmitshah_9 said:
for 16GB its 35k & for 32GB its 40K?? why its so expensive man?? Plz help me out. I m willing to buy one.
Apple always puts a premium price on it's products. If you want the iphone, go and just get it and stop thinking why it's so expensive etc. Do make sure that you are getting 3GS. last time I checked, stores were selling 3G.

ViKiD said:
Ok someone answer this : Can Iphone 3G or 3GS make a video call?

If yes then somewhat justified...

Else....What is the huge tag name 3G for ?? Just data works ??

yes it has bling value ...yes its smooth....but is it actually necessary??
Considering it doesnt have a front facing camera pretty pointless if it could.
the 3GS has very impressive hardware.
Again, why do people buy a benz? a maruti would suffice wont you say?

Bro my point is.... with video calling being real cheap with MTNL ....for some it might not be justified...

I also love the Iphone for what it is.... i used to Own a 2G ....

But the 3G ones just dont really click..

I wonder how does a $100 phone become 20k here,
or why does it cost so much even through legit channels ?

Maybe they take Indians to be morons - (which quite a few bling purchasers are )

Maybe these questions are more pertinent and relevant

TheIndian said:

Maybe they take Indians to be morons - (which quite a few bling purchasers are )

That 100 USD is to get in contract and u have to sign it up for 2 years by paying 50 USD per month,so its like u have paid almost 24 x 50 + 100 = 1300 USD to AT&T . Internet usage has more charges . So for 900 USD unlocked phone is a better option .

There would definitely be some catch and more hidden costs . I am going to wait for like end December . If it is announced and officially released her well and good , otherwise might order one from Australia / Hongkong / Singapore as Apple sells the Factory unlocked verisons there .

TheIndian said:

The Amrikaans have to sign-up for a mandatory 30$ dataplan (extra) every month, if they gotta use the iPhone on AT&T..

As an aside, all major carriers in the US require a 'compulsory' monthly dataplan (arnd $30 value) if you have anything that's termed a 'smartphone'. So it's not exactly rosy at the other end too..

This includes most big carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint..

3GS' price is not justified i think... they should have stopped the 3G and launched the 3GS at the same price.... even i want a 3GS but have a budget of Max 30000.... not a single paisa more... so 3G for me....

Also, can somebody confirm me the price of iphone 3G 8GB (locked, warranty and with bill) from Croma, Alfa or whatever stores you have there in south...

In north, we have only Apple iStores and iStore prices are generally high by a 1k or 1.5k bucks....

@spawnfreak, iphone 3G is pretty inferor phone. there are much better phones availalbe like

1) Samsung Omnia HD
2) HTC Touch Pro
3) Nokia N97 mini and N97
4) HTC Magic

also, nokia n900 and motorola droid are one hell of phones.

just check the phones available at other vendors before going for iphone 3G. 3GS is a different story. lot of better features like better camera, faster processor.

desiibond said:
@spawnfreak, iphone 3G is pretty inferor phone. there are much better phones availalbe like

1) Samsung Omnia HD
2) HTC Touch Pro
3) Nokia N97 mini and N97
4) HTC Magic

also, nokia n900 and motorola droid are one hell of phones.

just check the phones available at other vendors before going for iphone 3G. 3GS is a different story. lot of better features like better camera, faster processor.

I intend to keep the iphone for 3+ years...
i basically want a show-off phone (superior than my frenz having storm bold e72 n97 thingys) that people drool over :eek:hyeah:

what do i have to do with omnia HD to watch movies n shoot HD videos when i have a Sony Cybershot T77 and a 22" full HD monitor at home

N97 is pathetic n out of question

HTC has most pathetic and worst build quality... n Win Mo sucks

Droid isn't available here yet and moreover MOTO sucks

iPhone rules em all and d best blingy thing one can have... Huuuuuuuuuuge Library of apps.... so iPhone only for me :hap2:

HTC Touch Diamond 2: YouTube - HTC Touch Diamond 2 - Promo & Demo Video

Build quality: I remember iphone 3Gs developing cracks initially due to bad build quality. But I never heard any issues with build quality of HTC phones.

UI: Samsung Omnia HD though comes with winmo, samsung customized the UI and you will not feel like you are using a winmo phone.

iphone 3GS is a great multimedia phone but open your eyes dude, iphone 3G sucks when it comes to features and build quality. Even for bling, you just take a look at Samsung Jet that is available for 17k.

Jet: YouTube - Samsung Jet Review YouTube - Samsung S8000 Jet - Video Promo
omnia HD: YouTube - Samsung OMNIA HD Review
HTC Hero: YouTube - HTC Hero - Video Preview (android)

just take a look at these videos.

Where in this video did you see winmo : YouTube - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD Commercial

it has winmo but is completely customized by samsung.

do not twist the words. all i said is iphone 3g had issues with build and still htc phone's build quality is better.

if you forgot, i also said 3gs is much much better. and i also remember apple fans cursing for apple ditching metal back of first edition iphone

you twisted the words like apple fanboy. megalol.

link to support my argument
forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=522427

Back