Is the new Mi 55 inch QLED worth buying?

I had purchased the Frame 55" during Diwali for 77k (before its price was reduced to the current MRP of 79k). The panel is between a Q70T and a Q80T in terms of quality with the compromise being the lack of FALD which I can live with as I am not a TV buff. Normally, the Frame does not fare well in reviews as it is priced close to the Q80T internationally. However, in India, the Q80T 55" has a MRP of 1.5L and sells for 1.2L after bargains/discounts with the Q70T selling close to 1L in the least.

In that sense, the Frame is a good value buy if you can live without FALD and may be just about average peak HDR brightness. It has superb contrast at over 8000:1 and HDMI 2.1/FreeSync support. While motion smoothing may not be for everyone, personally I like it as it makes great use of the 120 Hz panel. Samsung does a really good job here along with Sony and this is where I have seen all Chinese TVs struggle immensely.

I tuned the Movie Mode for colour accuracy which doesn't get as bright as the Dynamic mode in general. It works well with HDR 10+ content but not so with Dolby Vision. Hence, 4K Prime Video content looks great but Netflix content relying only on Dolby Vision are a bit muted. However, it is still better than most of the budget panels that cannot get anywhere close to 500 nits of peak brightness.

Lastly, I was a bit circumspect about the viewing angles of the VA panel but I end up watching it at 45 degrees in a lot of cases and the colour shift isn't really that bad. I didn't observe any ads as such but I think it may be referring to the promoted apps. But I use a Fire TV anyway, so I never come across the Tizen interface at all.

Overall, a good VFM buy if you are not looking to go over 1L for a X95 or BX.
Thank you for taking the time. Is the display matt type? I am a bit skeptical about Matt display on a TV. Samsung really need to advertise the 120Hz panel. The spec page for the LS03T doesn't mention it except for MotionRate 200. This could be the go to TV for next gen consoles after LG CX.

Does the tizen os really matter in tv`s ? or let me rephrase the question OS matters atleast Tv lg has webos,,samsung with tizen and etc etc

L6 gx Frame is a great concept of splitting display and control why arent other brands not following i dont get it

I had purchased the Frame 55" during Diwali for 77k (before its price was reduced to the current MRP of 79k). The panel is between a Q70T and a Q80T in terms of quality with the compromise being the lack of FALD which I can live with as I am not a TV buff. Normally, the Frame does not fare well in reviews as it is priced close to the Q80T internationally. However, in India, the Q80T 55" has a MRP of 1.5L and sells for 1.2L after bargains/discounts with the Q70T selling close to 1L in the least.

In that sense, the Frame is a good value buy if you can live without FALD and may be just about average peak HDR brightness. It has superb contrast at over 8000:1 and HDMI 2.1/FreeSync support. While motion smoothing may not be for everyone, personally I like it as it makes great use of the 120 Hz panel. Samsung does a really good job here along with Sony and this is where I have seen all Chinese TVs struggle immensely.

I tuned the Movie Mode for colour accuracy which doesn't get as bright as the Dynamic mode in general. It works well with HDR 10+ content but not so with Dolby Vision. Hence, 4K Prime Video content looks great but Netflix content relying only on Dolby Vision are a bit muted. However, it is still better than most of the budget panels that cannot get anywhere close to 500 nits of peak brightness.

Lastly, I was a bit circumspect about the viewing angles of the VA panel but I end up watching it at 45 degrees in a lot of cases and the colour shift isn't really that bad. I didn't observe any ads as such but I think it may be referring to the promoted apps. But I use a Fire TV anyway, so I never come across the Tizen interface at all.

Overall, a good VFM buy if you are not looking to go over 1L for a X95 or BX.
How is the performance for watching sports? Are there any issue of tearing.
My Samsung Plasma conked off early in the lockdown and although priority is to get it repaired if possible, but if it can't be, I will have to buy a new TV and my preference is to buy a good TV for watching football and movies basically. Even considering going for a projector, but somehow a TV still makes more sense.

How is the performance for watching sports? Are there any issue of tearing.
My Samsung Plasma conked off early in the lockdown and although priority is to get it repaired if possible, but if it can't be, I will have to buy a new TV and my preference is to buy a good TV for watching football and movies basically. Even considering going for a projector, but somehow a TV still makes more sense.
Considering most sports content is not at 60 FPS in India, motion smoothing works well generally. There is a "Blur" option that works well for Cricket since it doesn't smear the ball or anything. Then there is a Judder option that helps with video content at 24 FPS. You have to do a trial and error in terms of adjusting the sliders for each type of content, but usually one of the mid-range values works well. The high values mess up the picture, similar to what the Chinese TVs do at all levels.

The most irritating part of Samsung's software is that I cannot define multiple custom profiles to use with different types of content.

Back