Monitors Is there a huge difference between these two monitors??

The two monitors are :-
Dell E207WFP 20" Entry Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD Monitor(Dell E207WFP Flat Panel Product Details

and

Dell 2007WFP 20" UltraSharpTM Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD Monitor ( link = Dell 2007WFP Flat Panel Product Details)

??

Has anyone here actually used E207WFP 20" lcd?? How's the quality like?

I know that E207WFP 20" is a TN panel and Dell 2007WFP 20" is S-IPS. But is there a noticeable difference between the two panels when it comes to videos/game/movie playback quality?? Is the diff. in performance huge enough to be easily noticeable??What about ghosting,backlight bleeding, etc,etc?? In short, if i go ahead and buy the TN panel(it's a lot cheaper),will i be making a big mistake?? Or is the difference in quality bet. these two monitors miniscule enough not to matter and can be safely ignored??

The reason i ask is because my father took away my samsung 19 inch crt monitor and now i am gonna buy a new one---- Which one i am really confused- Whether to get the 20 inch TN panel or S-IPS panel or buy the same crt monitor?? I don't wanna spend more and buy a monitor that's crappier than my 19 inch samsumg crt.

You'd be happy with a TN panel until you'd see a PVA or S-IPS panel ... there is a noticible difference between the two in terms of brightness, colors , contrast and also the viewing angles ... If you dont want to spend too much you could get the Viewsonic 2025WM for 18k odd though it may be difficult to find .... if you are ok with a TN then you could also check out the E228WFP which is also cheaper than the E207WFP listed on the Dell site

Back