Video Is there any proper procedure to surrender Tata Sky connection?

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't seem to find any information regarding the same. If at all I surrender the connection by calling their customer care, what amount of refund can I expect to get (if at all there is any refund :p)? I'm just wondering if it will be worth the effort; or should I just stop recharging and not attend any calls from Tata sky.

Dont bother for a refund they simply refuse. The agency which first took about 1.5k as deposit for tata walky now refuses to accept that the deposit was refundable.
So if at all i could get my refund back for my postpaid walky is to default the connection of more than 1.5k and stop paying further. :p

Not done this before, but why leave an open ended loop. Better to call them and request surrender of services+equipment. Even if you do not get a refund. These SPs have a nice habit to call up after couple of months and harass customers with pending charges.

^^ Exactly my concern. But being a prepaid connection of sorts, would it be possible for them to trouble customers that way? The one thing that I can think of is the dish. IIRC, only the STB is our property. The dish belongs to the service provider.

^ Yep Sun DTH came to my home last week and removed the dish after the connection wasnt being used for a year or so. Just call up the CC no and find out.. dont expect any refund :p

logistopath said:
^^ Exactly my concern. But being a prepaid connection of sorts, would it be possible for them to trouble customers that way? The one thing that I can think of is the dish. IIRC, only the STB is our property. The dish belongs to the service provider.
I have two Dish Tv (one is HD) and a d2h connection that I am not using and I havent returned a single equipment back to them.

They too didnt bother to call me up. :D

So you can safely stop recharging and keep the equipment. Later on if you need to use it again, just recharge it.

logistopath said:
I don't seem to find any information regarding the same. If at all I surrender the connection by calling their customer care, what amount of refund can I expect to get (if at all there is any refund :p)? I'm just wondering if it will be worth the effort; or should I just stop recharging and not attend any calls from Tata sky.
If you don't recharge,they keep giving you daily credit according to your current plan and your account balance will go negative - and you don't want that!Call them up and tell them to deactivate the account/there is a facility to keep it in suspended animation.Be prepared to answer tons of idiotic questions regarding your decision.

Thanks all for the replies. I guess I will call them up and ask the connection to be terminated. Will update this thread when it is done.

I had a dishtv connection long time back, I did not recharge after promotional period of 1 year, then the FTA channel continued for 3 months, then CC called me i said I dont want to continue and they disconnected my account.

The equipments are still with me and they have not bothered to disturb me :p

story goes back about 4 years

Back