is this item safe to buy [galaxy S 4G t-mobile USA] [won the auction on ebay] ?

is this item safe to buy [galaxy S 4G t-mobile USA] ? [I just won this auction on ebay]

SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4G ANDROID PHONE (T-MOBILE) | eBay

seller says "Buyer will need to supply Sim card and sign up for a contract through a service provider"

what does the above line means ? [he told that he has used the cellphone for 3 weeks and it looks like new]

he is ready to ship the cellphone with all accessories and box :S

I have committed to buy this on my ebay account , but am looking for final suggestion :)

Plz throw some light guys :huh:

He is basically selling you a phone which is still on contract and wants you to take over the contract so he does not have to pay the penalty charges (early termination of contract fine)

Since you are in India you cannot get that done... There was a similar thread on TE sometime back regarding the same issue with a moto phone... Check that out for further reference.

I do not think that you can get that phone... So get in touch with the seller and see what can be done for the same cause you can clearly not give him an American SIM for act and sign a contract....

^ thanks for the information , but he tells that he has used the cellphone for 3 weeks and in the same time he purchased another cellphone because he thought that his 3 weeks used cellphone is lost somewhere ,

Now he is ready to ship that cellphone without any kind of contract , if I buy this purposefully what might happen ?

will they block the IMEI number ? or something fishy like that .

can you please post that previous motorola thread link :)

veer_singh said:
^ thanks for the information , but he tells that he has used the cellphone for 3 weeks and in the same time he purchased another cellphone because he thought that his 3 weeks used cellphone is lost somewhere ,

Now he is ready to ship that cellphone without any kind of contract , if I buy this purposefully what might happen ?

will they block the IMEI number ? or something fishy like that .

can you please post that previous motorola thread link :)

By that the Seller is letting you know that the phone will be shipped without sim, so you need to get yourself a T-Mobile SIM to use with the phone. Obviously he will not send his SIM along with his phone. Since you are going to unlock it anyway for use in India, do not worry about contract. You can get it unlocked easily online. That is how, most of TE members here buy their phones locked and then unlock it.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE OVER HIS CONTRACT because he does not require you to do so in the first place. It seems he bought the replacement at full price thinking he lost the original one, then when he found his original one he is trying to sell it to recoup the price.

Do not worry about getting that phone, because if he is selling the phone, you can unlock it. The phone is basically locked to T-Mobile, so once you recieve it you can unlock it by getting code online. It is easier.

Dont worry and go ahead with the deal. Your basically getting a galaxy s for 11k(includes unlocking and shipping)
Be happy.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

i advise you to ship through a company that will be faster and better and hassle free.

eg sns, iccworld etc.

Back