Laptops Is this laptop worth the price?

hey guys pls tell me if this laptop is worth the price or not :)...or are there better laptops available at this price range

its a Compaq Presario

AMD Athlonâ„¢ X2 QL-62* dual-core processor

AMD dual-core technology

2GB DDR2 memory

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support

15.6" WXGA widescreen display with BrightView technology

250GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

NVIDIA GeForce 8200M graphics

3 hours battery life

5-in-1 media reader

Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet LAN

Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g)

Price--->32,000

It would be better if you get the Lenovo 3000 G430a.

It has an Intel T3200 processor, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD and the nVidia 9300M graphics.

All this for just Rs.33-34k(inclusive of everything).

I dont have the link right now but you can search for this laptop on the Lenovo India site or search the forum, somebody had posted about this laptop earlier.

check acer 4530..a good model, battery life is not that great... i think right now they are offering canon printer and 80 external hdd for free.. check it fast :hap2:

based on config given by hotshot05, i would suggest to go in for Lenovo 3000 G430a since it has good graphics which generally intel based laptops r lacking.

amd based laptops generally run hot and have poor battery life.

Compare warranties also. AFAIK, Acer has a 2 year warranty. Don't know about Compaq and Lenovo though. The Lenovo should have better build quality.

The older rectangular box like Compaqs were quite rickety(don't know about the new ones.)

The life of your laptop is the warranty. After that, it's very costly to service and you don't feel like spending for an old product. Bahh..laptops are a worthless investment anyway. You never get your money's worth out of them :p .

Back