CPU/Mobo Is This Normal Temp 6700K?

ithehappy

Adept
Hey guys just wanted to make sure whether or not this temp is normal for a 6700K CPU. Ran the app HeavyLoad for 6 mins 30 secs, and this was the result. Ambient temp was around 30.5ºC and the CPU is used with Noctua U12S cooler with push pull config. Fan RPM settings not changed. TIM used was the one came with the cooler.

Attachments

• TEMP CHART.png
    TEMP CHART.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 186
Your 100% load temps are too high and that too with an aftermarket cooler! IMHO It shouldn't be going above 55c.
Few things you can try are:
1. Open the side lid of your pc case for extra airflow and check the temps (less likely to be a cause though).
2. Try re-seating the CPU cooler (quite likely).

Even my 125W AMD FX 8320 does not reach that high temp at 100% load. At most it touches around 52-55°C. And I'm talking about continuous load for 15+ mins while encoding a hevc file.

Probably you used too much CPU paste.

Even my 125W AMD FX 8320 does not reach that high temp at 100% load. At most it touches around 52-55°C. And I'm talking about continuous load for 15+ mins while encoding a hevc file.

Probably you used too much CPU paste.

Wow those are great temps... Are you using the stock cooler?? I have the same processor and with stock cooler it went all the way upto 80c on load. With CM 103 the temps came down to what you mentioned.

Do you guys realise that I used the app HeavyLoad? That is a CPU stressing app! 55ºC with tests like this? Don't think its even possible with liquid coolers.

Thanks for commenting anyway!

Wow those are great temps... Are you using the stock cooler?? I have the same processor and with stock cooler it went all the way upto 80c on load. With CM 103 the temps came down to what you mentioned.
Yes it was stock cooler. I even ran prime 95 for around an hour to see if the temps were fake or not. Max temps were still around 55°C. The CPU fan sounded like an airplane engine though.
I think we need really good thermal paste and good air flow in cabinet to get such temps. I have a 120mm fan at back and 140mm fan on top for exhaust.

In any case after reading a lot I see that its because of the XMP profile and the automatically set 1.35V for the same. If I disable XMP altogether those max temps reduce by as much as 15ºC. Also there is an option of choosing Stock Intel settings for XMP profile, that makes those temps to hover around 64ºC. Its that All Core Enhancement option, which causes that high voltage, and thus high temps.

Back