is this possible | UT 300 R 2 U |

harmandeep

VirTuaLiZaTioN Freak
Adept
Hi
i wanna configure mine bsnl model ( ut300r2u ) in such a way so that Mine NIC is directly assigned a LIVE ip after authentication ........ is that possible

in other words i want the authentication 2 be done by Modem nd Live Ip 2 be addressed directly 2 mine system NIC

don,t want that PPPOE connection by windows or via modem
just want live ip on mine system NIC

@ present using bridge mode:mad: :mad:

i wanna See Live IP assigned to the System NiC nd not to the Modem

i mean that wanna obtain that 59.x.x.x ip on mine System NIC which is RTL8169
nd in the default case a Private Ip is assigned to the System Nic ( 192.168.x.x ) with Nat enabled

Enable the always on function in the modem..In advanced settings--->wan then the first in the table ie pppoe, then use this wizard and add you username and password and restart the modem after saving settings..that should do it..

what u had specified is the default functionality provided by Bsnl :hap5:

this method simply provides private IP ( 192.168.x.x ) With NAT

i want a live ip ( WAN ip ) directly addressed to mine LAN card on the pc:rofl:

Try disabling dhcp in your modem/router put the modem/router in bridge mode and enable "get the ip address automatically" in your windows ip properties. Dial the connection.

This might work.

So you want to configure the dataone account on router and get the 59.x.x.x IP on your NIC! It is not possible dear. If you want to get the WAN IP on your PC then you will have to use the bridge mode.

yaar there must be sum way
althought as per PPPOE whitepapers nd RFC documentation this was,n:mad: t

is there any using modded firmwares or anything like that or using anyother adsl router:tongue: :huh:

there are only 2 ways to achieve this,

First, as hacker said but with a slight correction.

put ur modem in Bridge mode & assign the LIVE IP to ur NIC Manually. This way, ur LIVE the moment u Dial in the connection.

Second is a little Tedious way, it requires ur MODEM to have NAT & Service/port Forwarding options like a router (which most modems do not provide).
Configure Address Reservation for ur NIC's MAC in ur DHCP -> Configure NAT to relay requests to ur NIC -> configure port forwarding & services in router to relay it to ur NIC

U need to have basic networking & routing concepts clear before thinking of such scenarios brother, things are not as straight as "buying PC components" always. Modded firmwares/PPOE whitepapers/RFC docs ???????? why get so restless for something u don't have even an idea off ? Read & google through ur subject patiently, clear up ur fundamentals & then give this a go...

both of these r supported by UTStarcom 300 R 2 U

" it requires ur MODEM to have NAT & Service/port Forwarding options like a router "

Wht next

[quote name='mehargags']

Second is a little Tedious way, it requires ur MODEM to have NAT & Service/port Forwarding options like a router (which most modems do not provide).

this is supported by the utstarcom of which i m talking:bleh:

Back