ISPs in Hyderabad : Best options for good ping ?

ankur1211

Disciple
So, I am living in Hyderabad since almost an year now. I have been using Hathway Broadband and my experience is decent. Like really average, the download speeds are good, but upload speeds are quite poor.
On top of that, ping, specifically when it comes to FPS games played online, Steam or COD Warzone specifically, the ping fluctuations are super almost all the time.
Yes the ping and the latency gets a bit better around 11pm or so, and the obvious less users and less load theory there I guess.
I tried asking Jio fiber availability in my area, and it's not an option.
I am still discussing things with Airtel xstream fiber.
ACT executive said they have plans with atleast six months of pre payment thing.
So, this brings me to confusion as to whom to trust and whom not to, specially when ISPs in India all talk about Internet speed in general, without going specific information about the ping when it comes to p2p connections as in gaming.

ACT guy is bullshitting. Theres no need for prepaying 6 months when taking connection. I suggest you call customer care. Im using ACT since 6-7 years now

ACT & Airtel FTTH are good for gaming.
Okay, so i shall go ahead with the Airtel in that case

ACT guy is bullshitting. Theres no need for prepaying 6 months when taking connection. I suggest you call customer care. Im using ACT since 6-7 years now
Oh maybe, but whosoever is the point of contact, everybody says the same thing, I guess it is more of a demand supply scenario as ACT is pretty popular here

I can't say about South India but from what I've read it echoes what's been told here, i.e ACT and Airtel offers the best connection in that part of the country.

As a CS player I'm also in that must-have-low-ping group and would rather 10 mbps with low ping than 1 gbps with shit ping and i just moved in to Hathway lol. There's no airtel where i live, nor any Jio fibre. There's BSNL and as far as a i know they used to offer good service but their lco model of business of late concerns the hell outta me. You could ask on IBF which isp is providing the least ping on that server you play at to ACT airtel and bsnl customers and choose accordingly.

I have been ACT subscriber since the days when they first started in Hyderabad as Beam Cable. Ever since ACT took over Beam the major downside has been turnaround time for fixing issues. Anytime you have an issue the answer is that it will be resolved in 48 hours. That is their standard SLA for issue resolutions. If you are unlucky and you have a breakdown on Friday evening good luck getting someone to even attend your call until Monday. It really sucks that there is no support over the weekend. Mostly you are dependent on the local technician to get any support after 6:00 PM on any given weekday and weekends.

After using them for almost 9 to 10 years I moved to Airtel. While the connectivity issues with ACT have reduced a lot it is their lousy customer service that made me move over to Airtel. In the rare instances when my service is interrupted even before I realize I get an SMS from Airtel that there some issues in my area and it is being worked on. Their proactive communication is the key differentiator. Sometimes when I notice a problem and use their app to check the connectivity they automatically realize that there is a network issue and raise a complaint on my behalf and resolve it.

Back