Issue with BSNL Modem/new ADSL modem under INR 3000

channabasanna

Disciple
Hello TE folks,

I have been using the BSNL Broadband from past 8 years with the Initial Modem they had provided. Nowadays my internet is too slow (for past 2 months), i have been using a 1100 UL Plan (which is not existing now for new customers). Even if it is the start of the month or end, the Net is very slow. Which was not the case earlier.

The devices are connected to the DLINK DIR-300 Router (using it from 4 years) and then to the BSNL Modem. I would like to know is the Modem really going kaput or should i be changing the Internet plan.

The BSNL guy said to me that the modem is old and because of which the net is getting slow. have anyone else have faced the same issue.

If the modem is faulty, i am planning to buy a new ADSL Modem/Router (Wifi with a good range is a must).
Devices connected are: Desktop, Laptop, XBox via LAN ports and phones often on Wifi.

Budget: Rs3000 max.

Saw this Modem and also had got it for a colleague last year TP-LINK TD-W8961ND 300Mbps ADSL2+ Wireless with ModemRouter.
Is this modem ok or suggest me other better options like ASUS, Belkin, CISCO.

My friend had a DLink modem and he said it is not worth and is already getting kaput.

Thanks in Advance,
Channabasanna S

Back