Issue with router?

RahatB

Disciple
Every time that my router restarts, I have to call and get my "MAC ID" reset from their end to make it work, till then it shows "connected no internet".

The technician says the router "forgets the mac everytime".

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

TP-Link TD-8968 connected via WAN and PPPoE.

I suffered similar issue with my old Dlink router where it used to release the ISPs dynamic ip and to renew it I had to either reboot the router or raise a case with ISP. All troubleshooting for almost a year went in vain and finally upgraded my router and now its just peace!

First try resetting the router by taking a backup of existing settings.
Then observe how it behaves. Mostly a reset should fix this issue.

I suffered similar issue with my old Dlink router where it used to release the ISPs dynamic ip and to renew it I had to either reboot the router or raise a case with ISP. All troubleshooting for almost a year went in vain and finally upgraded my router and now its just peace!

First try resetting the router by taking a backup of existing settings.
Then observe how it behaves. Mostly a reset should fix this issue.
I've backup and reset the router multiple times as well as update the firmware and downgraded the firmware a few levels too. Just a very glitchy and error filled process. Something up with the router and ISP combination. In my case a reboot or reset doesn't work, only a damn call to the ISP technician.

Anyways, time to sell it and move on I guess :p

Back