Itunes 9 released

thexfactor

Insanely Awesome!!
Skilled
New features mentioned:

Improved store navigation, including persistent navigation menu.

Full window iTunes store. For times when that sidebar is just too much.

Previews from anywhere in the store -- don't have to drill down to preview.

iTunes LP includes lyrics, liner notes, video, photos and "more."

iTunes Extras. It's like DVD extras, but with iTunes. Not clear if it includes director's commentaries, but let's hope.

Genius Mixes. It's like Genius Playlists, but it plays forever like a radio station.

App management, letting you set up and arrange your home screens on the iPhone and iPod touch. You can drag and drop to move certain apps or whole pages of apps.

Home sharing enables file transfers between up to five local computers of songs, videos and even apps.

You can send items in the iTunes Store as gifts, add them to a wishlist, and publish them to Facebook and Twitter -- look who's getting all social all of a sudden!

Source : iTunes 9 bringing iTunes LP functionality, 'beautiful new look'

Screenies : Engadget

App management seems like the only useful feature, as far as I'm concerned :p

looks good no doubt!

and in my experience, this is the best app for music collection management. many people don't like it, but it is a great application for iPod/iPhone/Apple products users.

Try sharepod. Itunes 70mb+ installation VS 2mb non-installation :rofl: u can transfer songs from ipod to pc and do a lot of other stuff which itunes can't. Itunes is royal bloatware!

phoenix844884 said:
looks good no doubt!

and in my experience, this is the best app for music collection management. many people don't like it, but it is a great application for iPod/iPhone/Apple products users.

Rockfella said:
Try sharepod. Itunes 70mb+ installation VS 2mb non-installation :rofl: u can transfer songs from ipod to pc and do a lot of other stuff which itunes can't. Itunes is royal bloatware!

+1 to rocky.
iTunes indeed should be named iRetard software.

Rockfella said:

I guess those with iPhone and iPod Touch have no alternative as they need iTunes to sync the apps and stuff. I used to hate it initially too, but these days I use it as my primary music player (along with Foobar for FLAC's) it's very good for organizing your music collection too.

and it's 90mb now ;)

Rockfella said:

I bet you're saying that because a) you don't own an iPod or b) you got gifted a piddly little shuffle or first-gen nano that can't do much other than play the odd song or two. Get an iPhone or an iPod Touch and then let's see what you have to say about iTunes ;)

Ok i assumed that sharepod works with ipods as well. :)
thexfactor said:
I guess those with iPhone and iPod Touch have no alternative as they need iTunes to sync the apps and stuff. I used to hate it initially too, but these days I use it as my primary music player (along with Foobar for FLAC's) it's very good for organizing your music collection too.
and it's 90mb now ;)
U r partially correct.
a) I am not crazy to buy expensive touch screen ipod to WATCH movies on a tiny screen :cool2:, play selected tracks from a 20GB space when i have every song on my main PC.
b) I have a 1GB Shuffle, not latest, not oldest either which i bought myself. It is super light & compact, can store good number of songs which i listen to everyday (I listen to it myself, don't show it off)
c) I am not insane to buy an IPHONE in this life atleast :D.
d) I will download latest itunes because i feel its the best way to "restore shuffle" although Floola can restore shuffle but i never tried it.
e) I am sure itunes is useful for people who have 80gb pods etc/iphones.
:)
tracerbullet said:
I bet you're saying that because a) you don't own an iPod or b) you got gifted a piddly little shuffle or first-gen nano that can't do much other than play the odd song or two. Get an iPhone or an iPod Touch and then let's see what you have to say about iTunes ;)

Just an update on the App management feature, seems like you need to have version 3.1 on your iPhone for homescreen customization and the jailbroken apps dont show up on it, as expected :p

@sickizblank : It's for both Windows and Mac

Back