iOS Jailbreak iOS 15.5

Whats the point of jailbreaking an iOS? I had a jailbroken IPhone a long time ago and did not find anything much useful. I had installed some paid games [through some hacks; i don't even remember now] and that's it.

Jailbreaking can however disrupt Apple’s other services (like iCloud, iMessage, Weather, Stocks etc). In my case, updates were stopped and I had to do a full restore. But those things were a long time ago. Maybe they have updated in new Jailbreaks.

Iphone jailbreaking is useless imo unlike android. People has wasted their valuable efforts behind iphone jailbreaking!

Whats the point of jailbreaking an iOS? I had a jailbroken IPhone a long time ago and did not find anything much useful. I had installed some paid games [through some hacks; i don't even remember now] and that's it.

Jailbreaking can however disrupt Apple’s other services (like iCloud, iMessage, Weather, Stocks etc). In my case, updates were stopped and I had to do a full restore. But those things were a long time ago. Maybe they have updated in new Jailbreaks.
In my case, I need to bypass iCloud. Bought the phone from forum(was in dead condition), put a lot of effort to bring it to life. But now I'm unable to contact the seller. So needed to get JB. I just need it for testing and deployment of apps. Not for regular use though.

In my case, I need to bypass iCloud. Bought the phone from forum(was in dead condition), put a lot of effort to bring it to life. But now I'm unable to contact the seller. So needed to get JB. I just need it for testing and deployment of apps. Not for regular use though.
I don't think you can do that mate. Even for the jailbreak to work you need to be logged on to the phone and need to run an app on it.

And iCloud lock won't allow you to install the app in the first place. And hence no jailbreak IMO. But then, my experience in jailbreaking iOS is ancient and modern jailbreak might be able to do it. Others might be able to help you better. Do let us know.

There are ways of achieving what I want, but from iOS 14 the exploits are patched. For pre iOS 14 there are plenty of tools like Rainch1k, which can JB by putting the device in DUF mode.

There are ways of achieving what I want, but from iOS 14 the exploits are patched. For pre iOS 14 there are plenty of tools like Rainch1k, which can JB by putting the device in DUF mode.
checkra1n works only till iPhone X due to a hardware exploit and they released updates till iOS 14 for those devices. Don't expect that level of exploit from software.

I used to jailbreak a lot since 2011 or so. But today, I see it is sort of pointless (for me). Initially, it was for getting cool tweaks. I still remember a tweak which gave me switches for wifi and 3g and many other things right from notification center. Obviously it was also for getting cracked apps.

Today, one can sideload cracked apps on iPhone / iPad in limited quantity ofcourse, without jailbreak. Except the ability to load unlimited 3rd party / cracked etc. apps, I personally don't see use of jailbreak for me at least.

What was the iOS you was jailbreaked on? I have been using iPhones only because of jailbreak, it’s been a decade, I am having an iphone xs max right now, which is running on ios 13.5, using it since last 2 years without any issues

What was the iOS you was jailbreaked on? I have been using iPhones only because of jailbreak, it’s been a decade, I am having an iphone xs max right now, which is running on ios 13.5, using it since last 2 years without any issues
The last time I jailbreaked was on iPhone 7 till I sold it in 2019. It is kind of pointless to jailbreak for any reason other than to install various themes or to get Safari to use another Javascript engine.

Post-that I used the signing services for a couple of years to easily sideload apps and auto-update them but even that proved pointless as I had little use for apps beyond the ones I purchased in the initial days as I don't game on my phone.

The downside of banking apps not working or flagging the phone as a threat (thereby reducing their liability in case of bank account theft) is far too much. Probably makes sense to jailbreak a secondary device if you find some value in that but I need my daily driver to be clean and stable. I scratch that itch by having a rooted Android tablet.

I dont remember the iOS but the device was iphone 6S. iOS may be 10.X something.

The last time I jailbreaked was on iPhone 7 till I sold it in 2019. It is kind of pointless to jailbreak for any reason other than to install various themes or to get Safari to use another Javascript engine.

Post-that I used the signing services for a couple of years to easily sideload apps and auto-update them but even that proved pointless as I had little use for apps beyond the ones I purchased in the initial days as I don't game on my phone.

The downside of banking apps not working or flagging the phone as a threat (thereby reducing their liability in case of bank account theft) is far too much. Probably makes sense to jailbreak a secondary device if you find some value in that but I need my daily driver to be clean and stable. I scratch that itch by having a rooted Android tablet.

I see, most people use jailbreak as a piracy tools, tbh if that’s the reason people jailbreak, they should never jailbreak, because there is a lot more than that and you can ask developers for a specific tweak for banking apps, they will create one for you at a very low cost, i have all my banking and upi apps working without any issue

I see, most people use jailbreak as a piracy tools, tbh if that’s the reason people jailbreak, they should never jailbreak, because there is a lot more than that and you can ask developers for a specific tweak for banking apps, they will create one for you at a very low cost, i have all my banking and upi apps working without any issue
It works but it doesn't mitigate the risk, especially when people sideload publicly available apps with no real traceability. Additional features from Cydia apps wer the real driver back in the day, but as iOS matured, it incorporated most of them. Staying on an older iOS version with several 0-day vulnerabilities, in addition to providing a route to rogue apps to wreak havoic beyond the sandbox is a real risk that shouldn't really be part of a daily driver.

It works but it doesn't mitigate the risk, especially when people sideload publicly available apps with no real traceability. Additional features from Cydia apps wer the real driver back in the day, but as iOS matured, it incorporated most of them. Staying on an older iOS version with several 0-day vulnerabilities, in addition to providing a route to rogue apps to wreak havoic beyond the sandbox is a real risk that shouldn't really be part of a daily driver.
I don’t understand why sideloading ipa/app became the first priority of a jailbreaker, repacking an app while injecting malicious tweak is so easy nowadays, while being on a jailbreak iPhone with all paid tweaks from verified repositories and no apps from unverified source, my device is as secure as an unjailbroken device but when people fall for free paid apps or tweaks kind of bullshit, they literally compromising their security over a few bucks

Back