Jio, Ambani, Modi, bla bla bla

Status
Not open for further replies.

rootyme

Gold is old
Adept
1st Pre marriage - Rihanna ka dance.
2nd Pre marriage - Shakira ka dance
Honestly though, what's the point of such pointless waste of money? What psychology could be driving such actions? I can understand sending invitations but paying insane money for some thumkas I'll never.
after Jio/AirTel, Flipkart too on price increasing trend, Acer laptop that avail for 29,999/- till today morning, now price increased to 30,999/- product link here

See how inflation keep increasing in India (for no good reason) .... very dangerous trend started ....

Last edited:
Honestly though, what's the point of such pointless waste of money? What psychology could be driving such actions? I can understand sending invitations but paying insane money for some thumkas I'll never.
This might completely derail the thread but still thought must answer your query as the answer goes deeper than what we are mostly just joking about . TBH I really don't blame them at all. It happens to almost every Indian families during wedding.

Indian weddings even for many poor people are a big thing . I have seen people taking crazy amount of loans for marriages.
People have sold their properties for wedding.

So it runs in our society to spend insane amounts on wedding..it is actually very normal.

Once my Israeli friend asked me " How much do average middle class family spend during wedding" I said atleast 25 lakhs-40 lakhs ( $50,000) . He could not believe it. I asked how much you guys spend ...he said about $15000 or so. Mostly they have this system Marriage Rsvp, where people invited first accept that invitation and once they do the table is reserved for them and they pay for whatever they order or if their is a fixed price for every person to pay.

Can we even think like this in India?. Pura society hasega.

So coming to this Mr.Ambani wedding... As far as all I have read

That bahu ...Radhika Merchant is huge fan of Rihanna and they wanted to give her the best.

Now I am not trying to body shame anyone but that guy if he was a ordinary guy might have really found difficult to to get a girl.

So they are just doing the best for her on their level.

Now hope that makes you see some fair points for huge spending.

And rest we can remain on topic.

Every TechEnclave member who is from Mumbai/can visit to Mumbai is hereby requested to go and eat at the following Bhandara for 40 consecutive days and offset the increased phone bills against it. Eat an extra plate each day on my behalf.

Ambani family hosts 40-day long Bhandara for thousands of people to celebrate Anant-Radhika's wedding -

Last edited:
Ambani family hosts 40-day long Bhandara for thousands of people to celebrate Anant-Radhika's wedding -
If I personally ate that food, I'd end up paying 10x to the doctor.

Unless any Ambani/Merchant eats that food in front of me, I'm not touching it. My gut isn't made up for such food, especially for extended periods of time.

This celebration may have given jobs to lot of people one way or other.
Yes Rihanna and Justin Beiber are highest paid among them.

Modi bola ...do weddings in India so that money stays in India.
Yeh Motabhai got half of the Videsh here....kabhi Rihanna..Kabhi Shakira...Kabhi Justin Bieber...God knows whose next.

Yes Rihanna and Justin Beiber are highest paid among them.

Modi bola ...do weddings in India so that money stays in India.
Yeh Motabhai got half of the Videsh here....kabhi Rihanna..Kabhi Shakira...Kabhi Justin Bieber...God knows whose next.
John Cena, Kim Kardashian and list go on

God knows whose next.
Renegede, Crazy Eddy, Puns, Bill Gates, Sundar Pichai, Satya Nadella, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Sania Mirza, Mahesh Bhupati.

Phunsukh Wangdu, Priya Wangdu, Farhan Qureshi, Raju Rastogi, Man Mohan, Ranchhordas Shyamaldas Chhanchad, Viru Shahastra Buddhe, Chatur Ramalingam.

Last edited:
John Cena, Kim Kardashian and list go on
John Cena woh kya karega... Ab guest ko kusti bhi dikhayenge.

Renegene, Bill Gates, Sundar Pichai, Satya Nadella, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Sania Mirza, Mahesh Bhupati.

Phunsukh Wangdu, Priya Wangdu, Farhan Qureshi, Raju Rastogi, Man Mohan, Ranchhordas Shyamaldas Chhanchad, Viru Shahastra Buddhe, Chatur Ramalingam.
Bill Gates coming again....yeh log bhi unemployed hi ghum reha hai.
Free ka khaane ajate hai.

Ambani family has not paid dues worth ₹ 4381 crores to Govt body MMRDA on whose land in BKC it is enjoying grand multi crore wedding. RTI activist Anil Galgali reveals.

@puns Request to move all the Ambani marriage related posts here to a brand new thread titled "Ambani Marriage Talk". This includes post no. #73, post no. #75 and all the posts starting from post no. #125 to #136 and this one obviously which would be post #137.

The talk on the price hike is already over and the topic is done and dusted.

Some members brought up BSNL plans and tariffs. I'm sorry to say that the govt will not let it grow as good as you hoped. The govt is dancing on the palm of the Ambanis and their Jios. This is why BSNL barely saw any growth in the last few years. Everything else is just for PR formality's sake including their plans. Only company big enough to compete with is Airtel and even Airtel is taking advantage of this to rake in even more money. Jio is trying to monopolize the internet market (I don't blame them) and then will significantly further raise their prices.

The govt even trying to make BSNL better and more competent will be a conflict with their support for Jio. There's that saying "Biting the hands which feed." As long as Mukesh Ambani continue to grease the palms of our overlords there will be no positive outcome.

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed post. But I'm not looking for automation, lighting and other fancy stuff. Also I'm not doing anything from scratch in a new house etc

Just looking for normal stuff to change a couple of switch sets in a couple of places around the house and some Ethernet cabling to shift the wifi router out of my bedroom :)

So I will be glad if I could get recommendation of places to buy basic switches sockets etc online (not much is there in Amazon and very costly) and much better if they the popular brands that can get replacement from local shops etc

You can buy online from here - https://shop.legrand.co.in/

Prices are much better than amazon though shipping time is around 2 weeks.

Some members brought up BSNL plans and tariffs. I'm sorry to say that the govt will not let it grow as good as you hoped. The govt is dancing on the palm of the Ambanis and their Jios. This is why BSNL barely saw any growth in the last few years. Everything else is just for PR formality's sake including their plans. Only company big enough to compete with is Airtel and even Airtel is taking advantage of this to rake in even more money. Jio is trying to monopolize the internet market (I don't blame them) and then will significantly further raise their prices.

The govt even trying to make BSNL better and more competent will be a conflict with their support for Jio. There's that saying "Biting the hands which feed." As long as Mukesh Ambani continue to grease the palms of our overlords there will be no positive outcome.
BSNL is languishing not because govt is making it so but because the govt is helpless in doing anything, what do you think the opposition is gonna say if the govt brings the salary/benefits down to industry levels? or when govt removes reservation on the jobs or when govt starts firing people because they are ****ing inept? I think the farm laws debacle should have amply answered this question

BSNL is languishing not because govt is making it so but because the govt is helpless in doing anything, what do you think the opposition is gonna say if the govt brings the salary/benefits down to industry levels? or when govt removes reservation on the jobs or when govt starts firing people because they are ****ing inept? I think the farm laws debacle should have amply answered this question
Ohho, so are you saying mudiji is scared? Suddenly cares about what opposition thinks? So the opposition is to be blamed for the govt failures cause it criticizes mudiji? So no one should expect anything from mudiji, cause they keep criticizing him? Then why run for elections? Why not just let the opposition rule lol.

Also the opposition didnt stop him from all sorts of stupid schemes like Demonetization, GST, lockdowns and what not. But in this specific case poor mudiji is so so scared of raul baba. oh no.

And it is definitely, absolutely, totally not likely that BSNL has been gimped to benefit a certain gujju biz man establish a duopoly, whos name starts with A. But then theres more than 1 that starts with A. So confusing to decide which one? Maybe its the one who got his elephant kid married in the most classless wedding of the century.

Suddenly cares about what opposition thinks?
It is true since LS election results in June as BJP lost its absolute majority & now needs support of at least 2 major coalition partners. As for BSNL's present condition, there were indeed unfair advantages given to competition but even without them BSNL wasn't going to fare much better anyway as its work culture was simply unsustainable especially before the golden VRS scheme of 2019 which increased its efficiency by quite a bit though still far below its competition. Ask anyone having a BSNL fiber internet connection nowadays & they will tell you it is the pvt contract workers hired by BSNL which are keeping the BSNL service standard comparable to pvt players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back