Jio Gigafiber rollout

Jio which has already announced commercial launch on 5th September during Reliance AGM is expected to launch Gigafiber Welcome Offer in the next few days with unlimited data benefits till the end of this year.

According to our sources, the company has already started offering the services in residential complexes in select cities at a nominal cost. Under Gigafiber Welcome Offer, one can apply for broadband connections with speeds upto 1 Gbps. Some people who have already got the Gigafibre, reported that they are getting more than 90 Mbps speed with 100 Mbps plan. Even Arjun Hemrajani tweeted about the same with speed test result and device picture.

Earlier while announcing the Gigafiber project, Mukesh Ambani the chairman of the Reliance Industries said -“This is on par with any of the top wireline offerings across the world. We plan to expand this to top 100 cities in the country very soon”

Through Gigafiber, Jio also has plans to capture enterprise data market with multi gigabit speed through their country wide fibre network. “At the same time, Jio will be expanding its offerings to the enterprise locations. We intend to provide multi-gigabit per second wireline data connections which are on par with the services available in the developed countries,” he added further.

On the pricing point, Jio Gigafiber would come with multiple plans starting at Rs 500. Though unlike their cellular data tariff, most of these plans will offer true unlimited data. With Gigafiber, Reliance Jio will also offer streaming services like JioTV, Jio Music and Jio Cinema through IPTV set top box which will transform your TV into a smart TV.

Source

Jio Gigafiber layout map

Don't care for the Jio SIM cards, but def would wanna latch onto this one.. as would most of India :)

Don't care for the Jio SIM cards, but def would wanna latch onto this one.. as would most of India :)
Big +1.
Few months back there was a news of the Jio Link being available for 5000/- I asked the RStore and they said it will come in a week. Later next week it was the Jio -Fi device which was available not the link device. :(
Anyways. Will be watching this space for more details.
Saw the map. Not making much sense. Even if that is the fibre layout across India its not correct coz there was a fibre laid near my house on Nagar Road in Pune where I dont see any marking. Neither blue nor purple. Also From what I could make out it seems that Purple markings are existing Reliance (ADAG) fibre and Blue is new JIO fibre. Not 100% sure....
I could be wrong Since they have used GMaps GMaps will use roads to create navigation points not as per the actual fibre layout. :)

Last edited:

There were cables laid from Gunjan to Shastrinagar along Nagar Road, that much i recall. But dont know where else they laid fibre, nor do I see any markings there. I too, would love to get away from the Airtel/Tata Broadband vicious circle of 8mbit and latch onto Gigabit.

There were cables laid from Gunjan to Shastrinagar along Nagar Road, that much i recall. But dont know where else they laid fibre, nor do I see any markings there. I too, would love to get away from the Airtel/Tata Broadband vicious circle of 8mbit and latch onto Gigabit.
Exactly. That same fibre was carried forward till Hotel Hyatt and upto Kharadi. What I came to know from those enng onsite then was that they were taking that line till AhmedNagar and after that it will be merged with a Reliance ADAG fibre.

What is the difference between dark and light blue lines or is it just some of overlap of visual data? From the maps it looks like there is something going next to my current flat. The issue for me will be convincing the building association to accept Reliance connections. Hathway and Airtel have a monopoly in the building and they don't allow others to enter easily. Had a huge fight to get DTH installed , 1st instance in the building for last 25 years. But can't seem to run away from Airtel and the 8mbps plan, even though they are doling out 16Mbps every where in Bangalore.

Is this map complete?
Park Circus Maidan which is 2-3 minutes walk from my home has had free Jio Wifi since last year and I cannot see any cabling anywhere near there.Are these Jio wifi hotspots driven by their 4G cell towers or are these wired lines?

Ideally speaking the jio hotspots should be on fiber line. Main aim of public wifi for network service provider is to reduce wireless network load.

Thanks @sjaveri
:( It seems they are targeting posh and big societies where they can get a larger subscriber base for testing and more potential customers post launch. Mine being a single building apartment will not be a favorable test arena for JIO Fibre. I guess I need to wait for really long till it will be available for my building :(

Nepean Sea Road, Mumbai

How do the Jio people advertise/contact people for the activation of the service.. or for any kind of notification to let people know?
The Fiber Access Terminal boxes in my locality been installed since ages, and at least I been waiting desp for the service to start. (Location: Noida)

Does anybody know about Jio broadcast testing app - link
How its related to there broadband plan?
There were two apps I tried then on Jio network. Nothing worked so uninstalled them. Supposedly it's for streaming live events. They also changed names of some other apps recently.

Back