JioFi4 & Internet Connection via PC/Laptop USB Port

Emperor

Skilled
Hi Friends,

here I'm sharing my experience with JioFi 4 (Model: JMR1140), how it works for me/issue and solution I found (after reading from various online post/forums etc.)

As posted in Title initially I keep charging JioFi4 all day to keep WiFi connection with Desktop PC (via WiFi USB Connector that I bought for Rs.250/-) and within 15 days JioFi4 battery swollen.
Then I start using JioFi4 without Battery, connecting it directly with Desktop/PC via USB Port and found that it get disconnect after every 2-3 or 5 minutes... and till now start hating JioFio4 from bottom of heart ...

Then somewhere I read that if you (first remove bad/swollen battery from JioFi4 Device) connect JioFi4 directly with stock Charger and use USB WiFi dongle to connect PC and use internet connection....
I did same but still found disconnection issue, not as frequently as earlier but now gap between 2 disconnection is pretty good.. actually it's noticeable that connection time improved.

then again somewhere I read that if you use USB WiFi dongle in USB3 port (not in regular USB Port on your Motherboard but USB3), then it too make WiFi connection better and more stable.

Now the issue was that my PC have only 2 USB3 Port and I need few more for keyboard, Mouse & Mobile Data Cable. So I start using USB port hub that lying with me, connect USB HUB with one USB3 Post on Motherboard... and found few things turn BETTER from ok ok ... like now my Samsung mobile start transferring files from Mobile to PC as fast as I expected (earlier it took lot of time).

Now time for my question, if I connect JioFi4 directly with USB port on Motherboard, then how to make sure that it will get SAME Voltage that EQUALS to Original Charger, and thus I can get constant stable connectivity without using USB WiFi Dongle?

Thank You

I think there is something wrong with your jiofi. I used my JMR1040 in wired mode (connected to PC using USB) for months and nothing happened to the battery. I never faced disconnection issues either.
if I connect JioFi4 directly with USB port on Motherboard, then how to make sure that it will get SAME Voltage that EQUALS to Original Charger, and thus I can get constant stable connectivity without using USB WiFi Dongle?
A motherboard will actually supply cleaner voltage than a charger. USB port is limited to 500mA though however this is not a limitation for a jiofi.

Back