JioFiber vs BSNL Fiber

Ssreek

Adept
So we've been using BSNL Fiber for a few years, but they have been changing plans every now and then.

Recently our plan which had a limit of 3300GB earlier, now change to 1000GB limit. If I need more GB, obviously need to upgrade to higher-end plans.

Meanwhile, jio staff visits us every week and shows their plans. I've seen better plans in JioFiber. The advantage is free settopbox and otts with jiofiber.

My question: is it a good idea to change from Bsnl fiber to Jio Fiber?

Blocking sites wise, bsnl doesn't block most of the sites and torrents worked great without any issues.
How is this scenario with jiofiber? Also, we rarely have outage issues with bsnl, and that too for a few hours only when it happens.
So help me with this decision.

I've had zero downtime with Airtel fiber in last 2 months and the experience has been somewhat similar for Jio although I've heard how it varies from location to location and that's a real factor but there's one thing that hasn't varied from location to location is the sheer incompetence on BSNL's part. I've been around India in various locations and where ever I had the misfortune of being BSNL as my only option, terrible times! I might come across as a bit harsh on BSNL but that's what they have earned over last 14-15 years no matter which circle and what location. I have heard some good things about them in Kerala circle but I've no experience there.

So in short, summing up, jumping off BSNL's ship the moment you get a chance, is generally a desirable option!

Also, Jio offers a trial offer, pay them 1K and try their services for a month, if you don't like, full refund. It isn't very difficult to get them to refund if they fall short on expectations, meanwhile, you can keep your BSNL connection running as it is.

I've had zero downtime with Airtel fiber in last 2 months and the experience has been somewhat similar for Jio although I've heard how it varies from location to location and that's a real factor but there's one thing that hasn't varied from location to location is the sheer incompetence on BSNL's part. I've been around India in various locations and where ever I had the misfortune of being BSNL as my only option, terrible times! I might come across as a bit harsh on BSNL but that's what they have earned over last 14-15 years no matter which circle and what location. I have heard some good things about them in Kerala circle but I've no experience there.

So in short, summing up, jumping off BSNL's ship the moment you get a chance, is generally a desirable option!

Also, Jio offers a trial offer, pay them 1K and try their services for a month, if you don't like, full refund. It isn't very difficult to get them to refund if they fall short on expectations, meanwhile, you can keep your BSNL connection running as it is.

Maybe I'm fortunate enough to have good experience with bsnl. Downtimes were rare and speed was great. They don't block any sites mostly.

The only problem being they keep changing plans for no reason. As I said, they changed our plan from 3.3Tb limit to 1TB limit without any intimation and our vendor was like, 'it will be sufficient for you sir no need to worry'. Like how can they decide that? Besides exiting from bsnl is also a big headache with their tedious process.

Sadly, airtel doesn't have fiber in my area. I want to know if jio blocks various sites and torrenting.

Jio uses SNI and DPI to block sites. They even block VPN ports. You need to be extra smart to bypass their censorship. Till few days back open vpn was working fine and now it's not working on jio. I'll switch to Airtel fiber if they are in my neighborhood.

Jio uses SNI and DPI to block sites. They even block VPN ports. You need to be extra smart to bypass their censorship. Till few days back open vpn was working fine and now it's not working on jio. I'll switch to Airtel fiber if they are in my neighborhood.

Is airtel fiber good?

+1 for Airtel. Using it since 2020 and I can vouch for their services. As mentioned by @kalph09 and @6pack Jio is synonymous with snooping, going beyond the mandated norms as per their whims and fancies. It's good for majority of population who don't mind intrusion and oversweep.
If you can wait for Airtel, then it would be wise. Jio should be a measure of last resort.

If you can wait for Airtel, then it would be wise. Jio should be a measure of last resort.

Coincidentally, i got a call from airtel guys that fiber is now available in my area. After all the feedback I got from this forum, I'll have to switch to airtel now.

Now only one big task is pending, which is disconnecting bsnl :(o_O

BSNL is best regarding downloading from torrents, then comes ACT then Airtel.
You are using bsnl bro?

Coincidentally, i got a call from airtel guys that fiber is now available in my area. After all the feedback I got from this forum, I'll have to switch to airtel now.

Now only one big task is pending, which is disconnecting bsnl :(o_O

You are using bsnl bro?
Yes I am using bsnl and it's great for downloading torrents and after ACT then comes Airtel and lastly Jio.

I think it depends on city where you live. In Hyderabad, I used only BSNL all the time, if any issue with speed i message them in WhatsApp and get fixed quickly. But normally i don't find any disruptions except once in the last 3 years. They told somebody cut the wire and it impacted many users which they fixed in a day.

I used BSNL for torrents and vpn and never faced any issue.

I never noticed they downgraded data limit to any plan. For mine they increased from 400gb to 1000 gb and speed is increased to 100 Mbps. But i never use more than 400gb in a month so not a issue.

Personally I don't prefer jio but only thin i like there live tv app but there is not compatible with android tv :(

Jio has no connectivity in my village so I can't comment on it whereas I do have FTTH connection of BSNL which is best from all available option (private player charge Rs.700/month for 20Mbps), my connection gets down once or twice in a month and process is pretty slow it's not about BSNL but about person of agency who don't care about it. When it's comes to speed and reliability of connection Upload/download speed its Top class.

Back