Joomla help!

KiD0M4N

Skilled
Hey guys,

I have been trying to get started with this wonderful open-source CMS. However, I am facing a road block.

I am trying to create a new theme for a site I am working on. Say i named it "xXx". How do i get started with it?

How do i assign the template to a test Jooma installation so I can develop it. Cuz, Joomla expects a installer to integrate the template into the website. How can i have a installer ready if i am starting from groud up?

Yes, I have gone through the tutorials and have seen the process etc. But somehow they lack this point.

I have a local test website running on my comp via JSAS (1.0.10 patched to latest release 1.0.12.)

catch me on msn ;) btw joomla has very good forums online and some docs too.

For the template...start with making a copy of the template. in template.xml change template info...like template name and stuff. zip and install throught template installer. after that...edit images/php/css...its all yours :D

arya said:
catch me on msn ;) btw joomla has very good forums online and some docs too.

For the template...start with making a copy of the template. in template.xml change template info...like template name and stuff. zip and install throught template installer. after that...edit images/php/css...its all yours :D

I thought there would be a more novel solution that this :) Anyways, no hard no fallow.

Can you point me to some tutorials regarding how to lay out sections/categories. I can think of 1000 different ways of how to go about laying out stuff and that causes a slight problem.

From my knowledge, you were involved in creation of the V-street.net : Gaming Re-defined : Game servers in india, game server rental india, gaming events in india, etc - Home site. Can you tell me what kind of structure have you assigned to the front page? I am confused. Is it a table or a blog section what?

Back