Just bought an Htc Desire

Hi ppl
I just bought an HTC desire here in dubai for 1670 AED (~20k), this is my first android phone ever and i dont know how to go about it....for eg there are many guides online on what to do after buying an iphone but i cannot find the same for an android phone or specifically an htc desire, right now i have just configured the basic settings and dont know what else to do...btw the phone came with 2.2 froyo installed...

any links/guides would help a lot
btw how do i know if my desire has SLCD or AMOLED ?

Congrats dude

Android is very easy to operate dude

Just start the phone

If you still wanna know more,just check a video of HTC Desire on youtube

Thank you guys, what i wanted to know is - for eg if this was an iphone i would have first jailbreaked it, installed couple of necessary softwares/sources etc like winterboard installous etc etc, what do i do for this ?

NoName01 said:
Thank you guys, what i wanted to know is - for eg if this was an iphone i would have first jailbreaked it, installed couple of necessary softwares/sources etc like winterboard installous etc etc, what do i do for this ?
For Android, u root the phone.....

But again, it depends on what u want the phone to do..... I am using the Desire for ~ 2 months & never felt the need to root it.

NoName01 said:
First install the app 'appbrain' and register an account. Now, start searching for apps based on what you want to do. For example, for reading books, use reader as search string. From the list of apps, get ones that have good rating and reviews. SLowly, you will get used to it.

NoName01 said:
If you want to root or tweak the phone, then go through xda-developers fourms.

nehaladsul said:
For Android, u root the phone.....

But again, it depends on what u want the phone to do..... I am using the Desire for ~ 2 months & never felt the need to root it.

Read somewhere that rooting makes the phone faster, its fast already....will google for advantages and might try after some days
desiibond said:
First install the app 'appbrain' and register an account. Now, start searching for apps based on what you want to do. For example, for reading books, use reader as search string. From the list of apps, get ones that have good rating and reviews. SLowly, you will get used to it.

looks like the Install0us for Android..am i right ?
Thank you everyone

Install0us is for pirated apps. AppBrain is just a great way of installing via PC. It still goes through the Market.

Rooting doesn't make the phone faster, it just allows you to do more customization and some nice apps require root. And rooting is the 1st step towards installing a custom recovery and after that custom ROM's.

Back