kaizen Info service: Anti consumer behavior

Just an FYI, I called kaizen info service (Nagpur) and received a lot of hostility and abrasive (bordering on abusive behavior) from them. I tried complaining to their Bangalore headquarters but instead of taking my complaint/ feedback about the issues I faced, they started demanding proof of wrongdoing and defending their Nagpur customer service center. I had provided them with a proper sequence of events and the words used (should have made a recording ) but their rhetoric was just to assume that I was lying. They were completely ignoring my concerns. I wasted today days trying to get them to acknowledge my issue and even when they ended the call I had to coerce them into asking for a call back about the update on the situation. Am I overreacting here or is this behavior is expected from these 'service centers'?

Expected in India where there are absolutely no consumer protection laws enforced. One can only hope to be lucky in such situations to get to deal with a "nice" and genuine person on the other end OR have known good contacts (jugaad) on the other side to get the work done quickly and respectfully.

Expected in India where there are absolutely no consumer protection laws enforced. One can only hope to be lucky in such situations to get to deal with a "nice" and genuine person on the other end OR have known good contacts (jugaad) on the other side to get the work done quickly and respectfully.
So not an overaction on my part then?

Am I overreacting here or is this behavior is expected from these 'service centers'?
Is it about your MSI motherboard ? Without knowing your full case, it is difficult to answer your question, but in general, even if the customer service center people think that the customer is lying, they still are somewhat polite and never anywhere close to borderline abuse. More often than not, typical service center problems in India that I see are :
1. don't take calls
2. are useless
3. don't understand the problem by being or acting very dumb
4. give such long and difficult process to get any warranty repair/replacement that the customer gives up

If it is even slightly rude, let alone similar to abuse, in any case you are not overreacting.

Is it about your MSI motherboard ? Without knowing your full case, it is difficult to answer your question, but in general, even if the customer service center people think that the customer is lying, they still are somewhat polite and never anywhere close to borderline abuse. More often than not, typical service center problems in India that I see are :
1. don't take calls
2. are useless
3. don't understand the problem by being or acting very dumb
4. give such long and difficult process to get any warranty repair/replacement that the customer gives up

If it is even slightly rude, let alone similar to abuse, in any case you are not overreacting.
It's not even about the motherboard. I submitted it to a different collection point. After the abuse, decided not to go there. I have seen such things escalate to mild physical assault, when I told this to their corporate head office guy, he told me that we live in a "democratic country" there would never be such a thing.

Consumer forum..

File case of verbal abuse!
Isn't it for government agencies?
1645094920636.png

It worked for me for a Flipkart Refrigerator purchase. I think there was a thread with other's experiences.
Can you tell us how it went ?

Something like that you would think either the seller or FK would be of assistance instead of leaving you to your own devices

Can you tell us how it went ?

Something like that you would think either the seller or FK would be of assistance instead of leaving you to your own devices
Well FK were sitting on the order for a Refrigerator which was purchased on offer. For 10 days they kept saying there is a delay but they would deliver on such and such date. Then they would simply say that it wasn't in stock and all they could do was a refund. When I had ordered it was in stock, and I got a sense that with all the offers, the seller was simply trying to avoid selling it at the ordered price. I raised a case and the next day someone from the FK social media team called and listened to me. The fridge was delivered within the next two days.

Well FK were sitting on the order for a Refrigerator which was purchased on offer. For 10 days they kept saying there is a delay but they would deliver on such and such date. Then they would simply say that it wasn't in stock and all they could do was a refund. When I had ordered it was in stock, and I got a sense that with all the offers, the seller was simply trying to avoid selling it at the ordered price. I raised a case and the next day someone from the FK social media team called and listened to me. The fridge was delivered within the next two days.
So you posted on that consumer forum and then FK acted on it. Only after you told them you had done so.

Figures..

So you posted on that consumer forum and then FK acted on it. Only after you told them you had done so.

Figures..
No. I just logged the complaint in that portal with all the information. Everything else followed from there. I did not need to "tell" FK that I have logged a complaint there. Not sure what gave you that impression.
Anyways we are diverting from the topic. If you have exhausted all options with the seller, it is worthwhile to log a case in that portal. A search of the forum will turn up other's experiences as well.

Every third service center is like that in India, nobody cares about customer, they think customer is just doing timepass or customer want to replace product before warranty expiry date, in my experience gigabyte is the top worst company in after sales service.
Everybody have their own bad/good experiences with different companies.

No. I just logged the complaint in that portal with all the information. Everything else followed from there. I did not need to "tell" FK that I have logged a complaint there. Not sure what gave you that impression.
Well, that's even better. I wanted to clarify.

So how did FK find out ? it means some one from the portal contacted them. That is impressive.

Update about complaint :
1. Received a call from consumerhelpline. They told me that there is no option to register compliant for verbal abuse or any such issue (not covered consumer protection act). They asked me to go to the police station.
2. Another thing they said that they won't/can't register a complaint against service center but only against the product manufactured i.e. MSI.

What do you guys think I should do next? MSI has been helpful and I don't want them dragged into this.

Helpful, ok, but MSI is the one accountable for their vendor's behavior. If they did something about it, this would not be a problem in the first place.

Back