Kobo Glo HD battery - where to source it

pa1

Disciple
Hello folks,

I have an old kobo glo HD that hasn't been used much lately because it doesn't hold charge for more than 2-3 days even when its on standby.

If it turns out that it's a battery issue and not software related, I want to keep using it after replacing the battery but I'm unable to find a reliable source for procuring the battery.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Battery model: PR-285083 1500mah

Most of the sources I find are either very highly priced like 2K+ before shipping & taxes or unknown(to me). Where/how do you guys find batteries for your devices?

I'm ok with any option as long as the landing price is reasonable and I can get a reliable battery with less hassle. If my only option is buying it from aliexpress via a forwarding service, are there any recommendations ?

PS: Damn you Flipkart. I bought my Kobo on ebay before you gobbled up ebay.in. Now everyone has to scramble to find a decent seller who is willing to sell what we need. Earlier it was easier to just find a listing or contact a seller and request a private listing if needed. These days all I get on Flipkart/Amazon is a lousy QnA section.

Back