L.A Noire - Discussion Thread

Re: First L.A. Noire Trailer

^it was freaking awesome.....just can't believe they could've achieved the perfect lip-sync....

Team Bondi...:clap:

I'm not impressed at all. May be the trailer was way too vague, but apart from the voice acting, I didn't feel anything special out of it. May be we need more actual gameplay footage.

Wow, the trailer was awesome. It has got so nice vintage feel. I am gonna get this one as it is from Rockstar. These guys rarely mess up.

:(, whats this talk about the lip sync, it good yeah ...but its rockstar this is expected ...what i dont like is the age-old engine they are still using !! they better beef-it-up!!

[youtube]NTOlEUAtGog[/youtube]
In gaming, 3D graphics get more powerful, environments get more expansive, enemies get more intelligent, but still facial animations haven't progressed much since Pac-Man chomped his first power pellet in 1980. Finally, a major breakthrough courtesy of Australian company Depth Analysis. It has developed technology called MotionScan, which enables a high-res 3D recreation of a person's face -- not just capturing bits and pieces of facial animation but their entire head, right down to the hairstyle. It's getting its first use in next year's L.A. Noire, a 1940s PS3 and Xbox 360 murder mystery game from Rockstar, and while we don't know enough about the title to be able to say whether it's worth plunking down a pre-order now, after watching the video embedded below it's clear that the bar has been raised.

Source: Engadget

iirc Soul Reaver 2 had pretty good lip sync for its time... and this doesn't make it look like a decade has really made much of the tech.

L.A Noire Thread[Xbox 360/PS3]

****ing Hell , only this game can bring me back to gaming,

L.A. Noire is an upcoming video game developed by Team Bondi and published by Rockstar Games. Initially announced as only for the PlayStation 3, the game was later reported to also be scheduled for release on the Xbox 360. L.A. Noire is set in "a perfectly re-created Los Angeles" of 1947, with players being given an open-ended challenge to solve a series of murder mysteries.
As the title suggests, the game draws heavily from both plot and aesthetic elements of film noir - stylistic films from the 1940s and 1950s that shared similar visual styles and themes including crime, sex and moral ambiguity and were often shot in black and white with harsh, low-key lighting. The game uses a distinctive colouring-style in homage to the visual style of film noir. The post-war setting is the backdrop for plot elements that reference the detective films of the '40s, such as corruption and drugs, with a classical jazz soundtrack.

Release date is 17th May

Re: L.A Noire Thread [Xbox 360/PS3]

Doesn't anyone think that this La Noire is on a vaguely similar theme as Agent, which was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive from Rockstar?
And although the official site does have a page (Agent), its tagged as coming soon since long time.

I was initially under the impression that they both were the same game :)ashamed:) and that Rockstar decided to change the name. :p
But they ain't same as La Noire is on Xbox 360 as well.

^Agent seems to be in the development hell akin to Maxpayne 3. Thanks to R* any game slated for release on a particular date is always postponed with R* citing technical difficulties or the release of another anticipated title from a different developer around the same time. For instance, GTA 4, Red Dead Redemption and now, Maxpayne 3. Besides, R* hasn't revealed the plot for Agent as yet.

LAN is developed by Team Bondi, published by R*. :)

atleast, Rockstar is giving us L.A. Noire this year. Considering the games releasing this year, i believe there is no harm if Max Payne and Agent are released next year.

ram_dante said:
I think Team Bondi will go "Bondi('Bankrupt' in slanng tamil) after releasing L.A. Noire.. :p
:lol:

Why would you think so? The game has a lot of hype going!

Most R* games are delayed (GTA, Red Dead?), leys see if this is. :ashamed:

Gannu said:
:lol:

Why would you think so? The game has a lot of hype going!
haha, i'm sure he just wanted to say that cause he could!

Aman27deep said:
Most R* games are delayed (GTA, Red Dead?), leys see if this is. :ashamed:
Delayed for the PC, YES. Consoles, NO. Their targeted audience, first, will always be console folks.

For this game, I pray they switch the engine and optimise the game's performance. An in-game footage would really be good.

Back