Monitors Laptop -> 24" LCD Display

Guys,

I'm planning on buying a 24" monitor for use with my laptop.

Primary use would be for movies/emails/web in the same order. Also, planning on connecting it to my Xbox.

Now, today at croma I asked the sales rep to connect the laptop to a BenQ 2412 monitor & definitely wasn't satisfied with the videos(non HD) he played.
He later played a HD video & I really liked it. He used a VGA cable to connect the laptop to the monitor.

My laptop has only VGA & S-Video ports.

I download regular videos(700mb/1gb) all the time. Would it look like sh!t on a 24 inch monitor?

Thanks,

AbhijithS said:
My monitor has only VGA & S-Video ports.

I download regular videos(700mb/1gb) all the time. Would it look like sh!t on a 24 inch monitor?

Thanks,

You meant your laptop! HD movies look better if the inputs are HDMI/DVI. Besides, 700MB rips would not all that great if you've seen a HD rip on the 24incher before. Quite watchable if you sit at a distance but once you get the hang of the HD rips, you wouldn't feel like watching all those axxo rips again. :p

^^ Yes, sorry I meant a laptop.

@Gannu

Do you think if I just get a 22" Full Hd monitor the 700mb/1gb files would look better?

---

Does anybody have a setup with laptop->24" monitor on a regular use? If yes, how do you find the quality of shows like house/dexter but normal rips not HD.

If possible can you please post some pics?

Thanks,

Not quite a difference between a 22 and a 24 incher, whether you're watching a 720p or a 1080p rip - at least to me!

700MB rips on a 19 incher sounds just right but the world's inclining towards 24incher LCDs ATM - about time you switch to a better source perhaps? (Read HD rips!)

I know but I'm on a 256kpbs bsnl line & my collection of 500gb TV Series/Movies would be made redundant! So cant make up my mind now :|

Mind you that is a LCD TV not a monitor and TVs have much lower resolution than the monitors. Why don't you change to the 500C/500C+ on BSNL ? 2Mbps@6hrs is equal to 512Kbps@24hrs. :) And you can get 1080p movies within 2-3 days of d/l and that too running your computer for only 6hrs a day. I was on a 128Kbps before and I know the pain to d/l a movie with slow connection. :(

Back