except that all is same as mentioned in asus global site
and im getting it for 54k shipped

dell has slightly better config
its has i5 480m and gpu is 420m 1gb
ram is 4gb but 1333 mhz and hdd is 7200 rpm
cost is 51k shipped

but im confused coz asus one will have asus mobo and dell has intel mobo
also asus is using B&O speakers and looks more sturdy n not plastic like dell

also guys if u have any other laptop in mind which fits in the budget plz suggest

Dell has superior build quality and excellent ASS. Plus, you can opt for the Dell complete care extended warranty and have peace of mind for years.

Go for the XPS15 without any doubt.

Also, I have never used an Asus laptop but if the build quality has to be judged from that of Asus Mobos, I would ask u to avoid Asus.

I have thee XPS 15 and its one great laptop

Even after gaming for 4-6Hrs continuous it doesn't heat up that much

You do feel it between q and w but its bearable

SPecs are in my isg. CHeck it out

When the XPS 15 was launched, we had threads here on TC where people were divided in opinion about it's looks and contours.

But if you ask me, i personally like the looks of the XPS.

hmmm thnx for the advice guys

btw can the laptop colour of dell be customized??

i checked dell usa n there u can add all sorts of cool artistic desings to ur laptop back

however i didnt find this option on dell india :(

nehaladsul said:
Dell has superior build quality and excellent ASS. Plus, you can opt for the Dell complete care extended warranty and have peace of mind for years.

I totally agree, I have 3 Dell Notebooks personally, recommended about 5 others and none of regret the decision.

BTW we are all in a business where the notebooks are the tool of our trade and we are lost/helpless without them, and we have all signed up for 4 hr premium same day service. I once had a HDD replaced within 1 hr of complaint.

But their regular Next Business Day service is just as good. 2 comps on that, before I discovered same day premium service.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

fatjivi said:
hmmm thnx for the advice guys
btw can the laptop colour of dell be customized??
i checked dell usa n there u can add all sorts of cool artistic desings to ur laptop back
however i didnt find this option on dell india :(
Its possible in India too - well on some models anyway

Hi guys,

Found this thread helpful as i was also looking out for a laptop especially for gaming, but can anyone suggest a xps 15 equivalent laptop, as i don't like the looks.May be in Sony or Hp?

Thanks,
Venkat

rite said:
msi gx 640 core i5 + 5850 for 55-60k
This is the best gaming laptop choice currently.. Man wish they upgrade the specs to HD6870M/HD6950M and put a Sandy Bridge Quad around the same price soon.

Back