Budget 41-50k Laptop for Architect : BOUGHT Lenovo Z500

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
I m in search of a good laptop for my friend. His wife is an architect. Main software used are Photoshop 6 and Autocad 2012/18.2. Budget is around 40K (+/-3K).

What will suffice for the use mentioned ? 3rd Gen i5 with GT740 (Lenovo Z500 and in some Sony model) or its overkill ?

15.6 incher is acceptable. Not sticking to any particular brand but his location is Navsari, Surat so need good after sales service there by that brand.

Lighter in weight and good battery life are optional bonuses.

Would suggest to opt for a rugged model unless the person is not taking it in the field all the time. There are Lenovo B series laptops with mSATA which is a superb thing to buy - but no nVIDIA GPU.

The use is indoors only in an office. So I guess normal build quality which we use at our home/office should do. However I m confused over processing power and graphic capability.

i5 should be enough. Just check and post what are the recommended system specs. If there is no need for a dGPU and a iGPU would be enough - ie the HD4000 is enough- then opt for the Lenovo and add a mSATA card.

Bought Lenovo Z500 with following config @47K from eBay:

i5 2.5GHz (turbo till 3.5GHz)
6GB DDR3 RAM
1TB HDD
2GB GT740M
Win 8

Thanks everyone for replying.

Back