Laptop for College/MBA

rakeshmarar

Disciple
Hi guys..I am planning to buy a laptop for college (2 yrs MBA) by this weekend.

What's your Budget? Max 27k

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Surfing (10-15 tabs at a time),MS OFFICE, Light Photoshop, Casual Gaming ( Burnout/Cricket/FIFA), Lots of Movies

What size and weight considerations do you have? Light Weight since I will be carrying it in Local trains of Mumbai ( But sturdy as well )

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Brands that have bad A.S.S in Mumbai not preferred cos I want a hassle free experience for atleast 2 years.

Any other considerations? Longer battery life appreciated, Good keyoard since I have to type a lot, Confused about screen size though !!

I am very much tempted to buy the HP DM1Z after seeing rave reviews about it all over town but I am worried about its horrible trackpad feedback & the fan noise !!

Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DM1 Series DM1-3210AU: Computer

Other considerations:

Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-I4010 Flipkart.com: Toshiba Satellite C Series C640-I4010: Computer

Asus P52F ASUS P52F NOTEBOOK LAPTOP 15.6" + MANUFACTURER WARRANTY | eBay

ASUS K52F ASUS K52F Dual Core Laptop - Deal of the week Offer | eBay

Acer Aspire 5750 Flipkart.com: Acer Aspire 5750 (Ci3/ 2GB/ 500GB/ Linux): Computer

Dell Vostro 1015 Flipkart.com: Dell Vostro 1015 C2D/2GB/320GB: Computer

All the above seem to be good vfm machines.

I am not looking at expensive Dell or Vaio notebooks cos I want to buy an external HDD, a printer and mebbe some other goodies with the money I save on the lappy !!

EDIT: I will be using WiFi a lot in college so I need to buy a lappy with good battery life !!

[mod] Please use forum default font and text styles for better reading [/mod]

G570 59-303756 ~28k

G470 59-066925 ~27k

Z570 59-067790 ~30.5k

Asus K53E ~27k

All with Core i3 2310M.

By lightly increasing your budget u can get a usb 3.0 laptop.

http://cgi.ebay.in/DELL-VOSTRO-3450...83054956?pt=IN_PC_Laptops&hash=item45fc256e6c

DELL VOSTRO 3450

Intel® Core™ i3-2310M

4GB DDR3 Ram

35.6cm (14") HD WLED Anti-Glare (1366x768)

8X DVD+/-RW

Wireless LAN: 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth Combo(BT V3.0+HS)

Network connector (RJ45)

USB 3.0 (2)

USB 2.0 (1)

USB 2.0/eSATA combo (1)

Microphone jack

Headphone/speaker out

8-in-1 card reader

34 mm ExpressCard

HDMITM connector

15-pin VGA video connector

Full size, spill-resistant keyboard

Optional backlit keyboard

Standard Gesture Multi-Touchpad

Fingerprint Reader

Hi...I have visited Staples showroom in Indira Nagar, Bangalore....they have an offer on Acer 5755 (i3) machine...they r giving All in One Printer or external HDD for free with this. As I remember prices is around 30k. You can check out because u want to buy printer and HDD. May be you can check with Mumbai Staples.

rakeshmarar said:
Hey how is Lenovo A.S.S in Mumbai ? Also, can you temme if these offers are good ?

Flipkart.com: Samsung R Series NP-RV509-A06IN: Computer

Flipkart.com: HP Pavilion DM1 Series DM1-3210AU: Computer

Should be decent but wait for mumbai members to confirm.

As you have mentioned the track pad gets some time to get used to in the HP DM1. Also the screen is a bit too small for movies IMO.

Not much idea about the build of Samsung laptop since there are not much reviews in reputed sites. Samsung is a new entrant in the laptop segment and is a novice. Their netbooks were pretty solid and were a hit due to low pricing.

Yeah...thats the older one...The newer ones as shown in the youtube link i shared before has the E350 platform...Should i consider it over the DM1Z ??

Back