Laptops Laptop for FullHD over HDMI

Any budget constraint ? Do you require it locally or no prob importing from US ? Will you use this laptop for other purposes too ?

If it is for movies/ cad cam, any new laptop with DVI/HDMI out will suffice.

If gaming, you need to be more specific with the Genre

Dell Studio 15 for 44k ?

has HDMI and can play HD contents smoothly. Also audio thru HDMI.

for HD gaming on lappy....... may GOD help you :D

Acer 5738 comes in 3 variants i guess..all have HDMI out.

5738 Dos - intel HD4500 gpu ~30k

5738 windows 7 - same gpu ~35k

5738G windows 7 - some ati gpu ~39k

HydroXidE said:
What would be the minimum best laptop for 1080-HD rips & playing HD ISOs with HDMI out.. any suggestions?

TIA,

I am also looking for the same. I can get from US, if needed. My Budget is around 60K-80K.

What about Dell Studio with i3-350M processor? It costs 65K with ATI Radeon HD 4570. But I am scared about heating issues :S

Antidote said:
Acer 5738 comes in 3 variants i guess..all have HDMI out.

5738 Dos - intel HD4500 gpu ~30k

5738 windows 7 - same gpu ~35k

5738G windows 7 - some ati gpu ~39k

Out of these even the basic 5738 with intel HD4500 plays 1080p rips via HDMI flawlessly. :)

One of my friend got it for ~30k recently and we have been playing all 720p/1080p on another friends 42" Plasma using a HDMI cable.Looks really awesome ,no jittering,lags or audio/video syncing problem.:D

Also another friend's HP DV4,with slightly lower config than the 5738(2ghz instead of 2.2 etc) can not handle the 1080p rips .So I guess processing power matters when it comes to 1080p rips etc.

Choose the newer ACER 5740 laptops with i3/i5 processors. Their onboard graphics are better than MHD4500 as well as you get a more powerful processor. :)

FaH33m said:
Out of these even the basic 5738 with intel HD4500 plays 1080p rips via HDMI flawlessly. :)

One of my friend got it for ~30k recently and we have been playing all 720p/1080p on another friends 42" Plasma using a HDMI cable.Looks really awesome ,no jittering,lags or audio/video syncing problem.:D
Also another friend's HP DV4,with slightly lower config than the 5738(2ghz instead of 2.2 etc) can not handle the 1080p rips .So I guess processing power matters when it comes to 1080p rips etc.

It depends a lot on the softwares and the drivers..
Does ur "another" friend have a gpu too?

^Nope the DV4 has onboard as well.I guess you are right ,it has more to with the software.For the Acer 5738 I configured HD playback using Core AVC codec and used KM player/MPC-HC for playback.

The DV4 doesn't have core AVC installed but don't have much idea what codec is used etc. When HD movies are played using KM player also the is audio-video sync issues and some sort of distortion in audio all of a sudden.

Simply install KM player and use it, no other codecs..If its a powerful system use the preset "quality"..If its not powerfull use "speed"

That should solve ur problems..

Back