Budget 31-40k Laptop for Surfing and Movies

Rahul++

SuperUser
Skilled
Hello, my friend wants to purchase a new laptop. Budge

• What's your Budget? - 35k,36k MAX
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? - Web Surfing, Watching Movies, Listening to Music
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? Screen should be bigger (17") and HD of course :)
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? - Dell, HP are the one I have used, not sure about others.
  • Any other considerations? - Above average battery life, better display as he will be using it for watching movies and other multimedia stuff. Moderate gaming (NO HEAVY GAMES). Looking for a brand having good service in GOA where my friend is working.

I hope that clears everything :) Please suggest me a good laptop. He will be purchasing it in next couple of weeks.

There are very few options in your budget for that price. Unless you are able to say source from USA or EU you wont get much choice i guess.

Toshiba Satellite C870-I0010 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 320GB/ No OS): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Toshiba Notebook ~31.5k. Has only a 1600*900 resolution and not FHD. But thats the best you could hope for in this budget i guess.

It has a ppi of ~106 which is slightly better than the ~100ppi of a 15.6" 1366*768 screen.

- - - Updated - - -

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...inspiron-17r-5720&c=us&l=en&s=soho&cs=ussoho1 $599 from USA. But that too has a 17.3" 900p screen and not a 1080p.

720p or 900p is okay with him. He doesn't know much about these things. It's only me who wants to help him to get better laptop for multimedia. Good inbuilt speakers are plus point :)

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : If there are no good laptops in 17" screen size, you can suggest me 15" laptops too :)

Back