Budget 31-40k Laptop for Video Editing/processing

Hi guys,

been using very old laptops for normal browsing and movie use but now need something that can help me edit GoPro videos and all.. something for processing 4K videos would be helpful but I know that might cost arm and leg so something which is reasonable but good for HD videos should be okay too.

please suggest and also where can I get it for sale( getting for USA) is also possible.

thanks in advance .

What's your budget? And any other specific needs or preferences (such as good battery life, portability etc)
For budget I would say between 25k-35k ... and portability will help.
Don’t have any other needs. Just video processing on the go. I prefer desktop but I need to travel a lot .

Well, at that price point, most stuff available would have a poor screen in terms of colour accuracy, accompanied with a weak (for video editing) processor, and limited storage (or RAM as well) plus mediocre battery life. I would recommend stretching your budget to about 45-50k for a good experience with video editing, and also considering used devices in that price range for maximum bang for buck (do keep costs of a new battery in mind as well though).
Having said that, given your need, this is the only laptop I'll be comfortable recommending, since this is the cheapest quad core laptop with 8GB RAM I could find. Do keep in mind that this doesn't have an SSD so it will feel sluggish to use, and it has only a 1366x768 display, along with a relatively small 3 cell battery. It does have an additional RAM slot, so you can expand memory to 16GB or more, and a m.2 slot as well to add an SSD - both of which I would highly recommend doing if you want to edit videos.
Keep in mind that I would recommend the above for FHD video editing and rendering at most - it will struggle to render 4K videos.

For actual 4k video editing, I would suggest getting at least a 6 core processor and at least a GTX 1650 - basically a gaming laptop, but those will sacrifice portability and battery life in favour of performance - such as this Nitro 5. Those will start from about 60-70k, and will handle 4k editing fairly well.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot buddy for detailed explanation. Really was struggling to understand what I could need .

budget though is still a problem but I will try to find in a good deal in USA otherwise if no option then go for emi option here and get a good one.

Back