Budget 41-50k Laptop from US. Suggestion?

naviworks

Disciple
Relative coming from US in Jan 2021. Planning to get a laptop from there.

What's my Budget? >30K, not more than 50K i.e 400-700 USD

What will be my primary usage for the notebook be? web surfing/office apps/multimedia/video call)

What size and weight considerations do I have? 13 -15 inch portable. Weight must be under 1.5 kg lesser the better..

Brand that I prefer? Any brand other than chinese

Any other considerations? At least full HD screen, SSD, Backlit keyboard, battery life, good build quality, thin bezels, finger print reader (though not absolute must), AMD preferred

Basically I am looking for a laptop which looks and feels premium and ultra portable for travel. Doesn't need powerful cpu as it will be used for basic stuff...

Thanks in advance

Black Friday and Cyber monday deals just got over. Anyway check Slickdeals.net, lots of sub $500 options in light and efficient ultrabooks with Ryzen 5/i5 processors

wait for christmas and new year sales and than decide which one to buy. Dont be pre decided with the model just list out the minimum specs that you wish to have and than accordingly finalise during sale which gives you best run for money

1.Check this Lenovo thing
It will cost you $500.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14" Laptop, 14.0" FHD 1920 x 1080 Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Narrow Bezel, Windows 10, 81W0003QUS, Abyss Blue

2.However , if you don't want to bother your relatives , get the following from Amazon India for just 36k
HP 14 Ultra Thin & Light 14-inch Laptop (10th Gen i3-1005G1/8GB/256GB SSD/Win 10 Home/MS Office/1.47 Kg/Jet Black), 14s-cf3074TU

Both laptops have pretty much everything you are looking for.!

1.Check this Lenovo thing

It will cost you $500.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14" Laptop, 14.0" FHD 1920 x 1080 Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Narrow Bezel, Windows 10, 81W0003QUS, Abyss Blue

2.However , if you don't want to bother your relatives , get the following from Amazon India for just 36k

HP 14 Ultra Thin & Light 14-inch Laptop (10th Gen i3-1005G1/8GB/256GB SSD/Win 10 Home/MS Office/1.47 Kg/Jet Black), 14s-cf3074TU

Both laptops have pretty much everything you are looking for.!
Not going for Lenovo as it's Chinese and HP is not full HD and no backlit...Thanks for the suggestion though...

Everything is Chinese. Even that Fruit one is made in China.
Check the price of an older gen Surface laptop. Walmart often sells older models very cheap on 23rd evening.
Almost all physical stores give large Christmas discount. Increase your budget slightly, you may get 8th gen i5 XPS 13 at a lower cost.
Wangchuk made his first video on banning Chinese products while holding a surface pro in his hand and AFAIK Microsoft has only started to assemble Surface products in North Vietnam from 2nd quarter of 2020. So he was telling everyone to ban Chinese goods, and probably wrote the script with a made in China product.

Everything is Chinese. Even that Fruit one is made in China.
Check the price of an older gen Surface laptop. Walmart often sells older models very cheap on 23rd evening.
Almost all physical stores give large Christmas discount. Increase your budget slightly, you may get 8th gen i5 XPS 13 at a lower cost.
Wangchuk made his first video on banning Chinese products while holding a surface pro in his hand and AFAIK Microsoft has only started to assemble Surface products in North Vietnam from 2nd quarter of 2020. So he was telling everyone to ban Chinese goods, and probably wrote the script with a made in China product.
Well that's one way of looking at it... FYI the 'Chinese' products and 'made in China' are two different things altogether. It's quite deep and strategic in nature. For me it's something personal and not just because Wangchuk said so... thanks for your suggestion though

Back