Budget 41-50k Laptop needed for web design/development, lightweight gaming amongst other things.

rgsilent

Disciple
  • What's your Budget? - 50k (Might extend it a little if there is a significant improvement in performance).
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? - I'm a web designer and developer. Need it to run firefox/chrome with lots of tabs, Photoshop and Sublime Text 2 together at most times. HD video playback and decent gaming performance is a plus.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? - Larger screen is better. 15 inch is the least I'd want. 17 inch would be ideal. Weight is of no issue. Lesser the better but can't have best of everything.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No preference as this is my first laptop. I trust members to suggest brands which are good with support/rma.
  • Any other considerations? - Resolution, again, as high as possible. Can look like a brick for all I care. Good battery life is appreciated as it gets annoying otherwise especially as I'll be using it in college where I might not always get to plug it in.
I don't know if my requirements are too much for the budget I have (I've never been into laptops). Hopefully I'll get the best out of all of this from you guys. The line in bold is critical. That's my primary use.

Looking forward to suggestions and thanks a lot in advance!

Lot of browser tabs, photoshop and HD video; Seems that a FHD will be a must for you. CB45 would be apt for you but you may have to increase the DPI. As far as 17" goes, I've heard of 1600x900 in Vostro 3550. No other options in your budget coming to my mind.

Lot of browser tabs, photoshop and HD video; Seems that a FHD will be a must for you. CB45 would be apt for you but you may have to increase the DPI. As far as 17" goes, I've heard of 1600x900 in Vostro 3550. No other options in your budget coming to my mind.

CB45 looks sweet. But then your other thread has got me concerned about the mouse/trackpad issues. :p

I'm most likely going for it.

Yes, I'm in the same dilemma as you. Either the CB45 or a modest Asus K53SM (ordinary resolution). Waiting for CB45 owners to respond.

^Inspirons never had screen upgrade option. Even it was removed from XPS later on, hoping Dell bring backs it.

^I can't find that option. Anyways, I just had chat with Dell rep, and he told that we can expect XPS IB iteration with 1080p option by this month end.

Back