Laptops Laptop of 96K in 55K. should i go for it??

gps

Disciple
Hi, I need some urgent help and suggestions.

i am able to get this specifications of laptop in 55K..
should i go for it???
and this is not any scam.. its direct "Jugad" from company...

please reply with your suggestions.

tthanks in advance. http://www.techenclave.com/forums/images/smilies/happy14.gif
:hap2:

Toshiba satellite A100 - 2114D

Processor Core 2 Duo T7200
Speed 2.0Ghz
RAM 512 MB DDR II
Hard Disk 80GB
DVD-R CD-RW DVD Super
Display 15.4" WXGA
Graphic Card ATI M54P 128MB
Color Bluetooth/ Mist Gray
Wi-Fi B/G Internal 802.11 a/b/g Intel WIFI card.
Ports Express Card, RGB, 4x USB 2.0, i.LINK (IEEE1394), TV-out (s-video), 5-in-1 Bridge Media slot (supports SD™ Card, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro®, MultiMedia Card™, xD-Picture Card™), RJ-11, RJ-45, headphone (stereo), microphone, DC-in,IEEE, 5-in-1 card Reader, Gigabit

battery 9cell approx 3.5 - 4 hr..backup
Weight 2.7 Kgs
OS XP Prof
Warranty 3 Yrs International
MRP(Rs) 96000

Hmm I think its overpriced even at 55k..

Ram is too less, nor is the gfx card too powerful to take it over the 50k range. There are much better options there..

can you suggest some better options.. if they are with in 53.5K, the exact amount i need to pay then it would be the best.. also i have conformed its price in nehruplace as 77K + 4% tax.

please suggest the better options..

hi guys,

don't you think TOSHIBA is not good in laptops..
is anybody using toshiba laptop ?? please comment.

thanks
**personally i believe that i have got a jackpot.. ;)

gps mate! This thing is nowhere close to the 96K mark..Moreover quite an unbalanced config..a T7200 with 512 ram..:no:

Check out HP options within the 60K mark..They give you more bang for the buck IMHO!

Yup, this hardly seems like a 95k deal. More like a 60k deal.. Yup, a T7200 ought to be paired at least with 1GB RAM, especially with VISTA looming ahead..

gps said:
hi guys,

don't you think TOSHIBA is not good in laptops..

is anybody using toshiba laptop ?? please comment.

thanks

**personally i believe that i have got a jackpot.. ;)

I've had a very very bad experience with toshiba. I was given a toshiba M3 by my company when I joined. The damn thing started having problems in 6 months. It would become really hot and noisy. Within a year, it started having random reboots and a poor battery life indicating the battery has gotten screwed due to overheating. Finally it stopped working altogether and I dumped it for good. Now I have a C2D dell xps and couldn't be happier. Toshiba build quality is horribly poor.

Agree with AMD4Life...HP sounds like a good option. Recently picked up a dv6100 series for my wife. Cost me 63K. System has got good build quality, has nice lines (not like the Dell 6400 or XPS line). One thing to keep in mind though is are you going to be using it for actual work or as an entertainment PC. I found the HP good for both....a little fragile but then again I was not looking for a brick....

AMD4Life said:
[OT] @DarkNight - Was it the dv6137tx? Coz even I got that for my girl back in Feb.. ;) [/OT]
[/url]

Yup...That the one..Good setup...Good price.

You could prob upgrade the proc to something even better in a year or so.....There are enough Lappy proc doing the rounds on Ebay.

Chaos said:
I've had a very very bad experience with toshiba. I was given a toshiba M3 by my company when I joined. The damn thing started having problems in 6 months. It would become really hot and noisy. Within a year, it started having random reboots and a poor battery life indicating the battery has gotten screwed due to overheating. Finally it stopped working altogether and I dumped it for good. Now I have a C2D dell xps and couldn't be happier. Toshiba build quality is horribly poor.

Hmm.... My dad has had the reverse experience.

He bought a P III 1.0 ghz, + 512 MB RAM + 40 GB HDD and geforce 2 lappy in 1999 I guess..... it is still working fine. The battery of course doesnt last long now ( original battery) and the screen mounting has become loose, so it doesnt stand upright anymore.

But otherwise, it is perfect. The hard disk hasnt crashed at all... my sis is using that laptop now and my dad still has some old files on the hard disk.

I would not hesitate to recommend a Toshiba laptop to anyone.

OF course service is very expensive though...

guys,

finally i have decided to go for it..
i find it better than anything..

20K savings is a motivation..

i think it is better than anyother that are in the range of 50 - 55K

i would be upgrading my RAM to 1 GB....

can any one tell me the approx price for that upgrade.. :)

reply soon.
thanks
gps

Theres no problem with toshiba. I have been using one (m45) since 1 & 1/2 years. I have also used my friends hp notebook. Toshibas keypad , touchpad, harmon kardon speakers and its csv screen are much better than hp. The only downfall is, its service and parts are a bit on expensive side. But as someone mentioned , I dont think theres any problem with build quality.

So go ahead and enjoy ur new lappy.

Chaos said:
My friend uses his toshiba laptop some 4 year old with 2.4 ghz intel p4 cpu and 256 mb ram and it still looks brand new. And the battery runs like its fresh out of factory...holds power till 2.5 hours. guess you just had a bad experience personally.

Back