Budget 31-40k Laptop recommendations?

headgreen

Recruit
Hello! Hope this isn't in the wrong forum, I'm obviously a very new member here. I have wanted to get into PCSX2 for years, I've tried using it on every desktop / laptop I've owned to no success.

Basically, I had a home robbery a little over a week ago and they took my laptops among other things. So, I need a new laptop now. This is going to be a gift from a friend of the family, they said to "future proof" it and that "price is no concern"

That said, I don't want to go crazy haha. I don't need anything super amazing (ie 1080p60fps for every PS2 game). My emulation desire is pretty much limited to playing FFXII IZJS in 720p at full speed. I'd love to play most of my PS2 games in above-native resolution.

Does anyone here have a laptop that can do some decent emulation that they'd like to recommend?

Please don't recommend a desktop, I already have one that I could upgrade in the future if need be. I'm being given a new laptop, not desktop.

Hello! Hope this isn't in the wrong forum, I'm obviously a very new member here. I have wanted to get into PCSX2 for years, I've tried using it on every desktop / laptop I've owned to no success.

Basically, I had a home robbery a little over a week ago and they took my laptops among other things. So, I need a new laptop now. This is going to be a gift from a friend of the family, they said to "future proof" it and that "price is no concern"

That said, I don't want to go crazy haha. I don't need anything super amazing (ie 1080p60fps for every PS2 game). My emulation desire is pretty much limited to playing FFXII IZJS in 720p at full speed. I'd love to play most of my PS2 games in above-native resolution.

Does anyone here have a laptop that can do some decent emulation that they'd like to recommend?

Please don't recommend a desktop, I already have one that I could upgrade in the future if need be. I'm being given a new laptop, not desktop.
no response to this

Hey OP, sorry to hear about what happened at your home. Hope everyone is fine.

Regarding the laptop, have you looked at your local OLX and FB Marketplace? Buying used can be a hassle but you can also score some decent stuff.

If not, look for laptops with Ryzen APUs. I think you can find some in your budget and they should be more than good enough for emulators.

Back