WTB Laptop under 15k

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayank0623

Disciple
Looking to buy a cheap laptop for light excel work and web browsing, occasional 540p-720p gaming for less demanding older indie titles. DM prices

Last edited:
I have this lying around with some modifications: https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Inspiron-3541-15-6-inch-Integrated/dp/B01EY5W5EU
1. Installed a 120GB SSD in place of hard drive.
2. Bumped to 8GB DDR3
3. I removed the optical drive and added a 500GB hard drive using a ODD to HDD adapter.
4. The internal wifi card gives issues so I plugged a USB adapter to it.

Condition:
1. From exterior, it's clean, while heavy, full black design still has some charm.
2. Battery is dead, would need replacement. Can still use fine if you don't mind using it plugged in all the time.
3. Touchpad top surface has peeled off a bit but still works. Better to use external mouse.
4. A small part of screen is slightly brighter than the rest.
5. Works but you'd need to install OS and stuff. I used it as a Linux laptop for years.

Games:
In college I used to play Skyrim, CS:Go, Dirt 3, Grid 2, HL2, Minecraft, L4D2 and a few more 2010-2012 era games. Should play most pre 2010 XB360 era games just fine. Indie platformers should be peace too.

It's lying unused for years now. Happy to ship it for a super low cost. Would basically charge you for RAM, SSD and HDD really as those are the only salvageable parts. Pay me 4k lol. Can share pics if interested.

I have this lying around with some modifications: https://www.amazon.in/Dell-Inspiron-3541-15-6-inch-Integrated/dp/B01EY5W5EU
1. Installed a 120GB SSD in place of hard drive.
2. Bumped to 8GB DDR3
3. I removed the optical drive and added a 500GB hard drive using a ODD to HDD adapter.
4. The internal wifi card gives issues so I plugged a USB adapter to it.

Condition:
1. From exterior, it's clean, while heavy, full black design still has some charm.
2. Battery is dead, would need replacement. Can still use fine if you don't mind using it plugged in all the time.
3. Touchpad top surface has peeled off a bit but still works. Better to use external mouse.
4. A small part of screen is slightly brighter than the rest.
5. Works but you'd need to install OS and stuff. I used it as a Linux laptop for years.

Games:
In college I used to play Skyrim, CS:Go, Dirt 3, Grid 2, HL2, Minecraft, L4D2 and a few more 2010-2012 era games. Should play most pre 2010 XB360 era games just fine. Indie platformers should be peace too.

It's lying unused for years now. Happy to ship it for a super low cost. Would basically charge you for RAM, SSD and HDD really as those are the only salvageable parts. Pay me 4k lol. Can share pics if interested.
Sounds good. Will pm if I can't find anything more suitable.
Bump

I also have a non-working Asus TUF FX505DY. It's fairly new, bought in 2019 I think, but it's not working and neither do I know why it isn't working, neither do I have time to get it fixed.

It has the following specs:

Ryzen 5 3550H (4C, 8T)
AMD 560X
16GB DDR4
1TB HDD
1080p 60Hz IPS display (less than SRGB coverage for sure. Maybe those 57% NTSC panels)
RGB backlit keyboard

I had moved to Macbook and gave this to my mom for general use. It was running perfectly until one fine day it stopped booting. I gave it to a local store and they tried to fix and couldn't figure out what was wrong, so it's also sitting like a paper weight.

The repair guy confirmed that the battery and external PSU both are working, so it's something else which is broken. I have no idea what.

I can sell it to you if you want to take a chance at getting this repaired. I don't know what to price something like this, but let me know if this interests you. Even new I don't think those components are worth more than 35k, so for a non working one, I don't think it's worth more than 10k-12k for the entire thing.

Can sell without RAM, HDD for about 7k. I think that's a steal if you can get it repaired and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back